Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I was at walmart....I know I know.....anyways, I decided to email Walmart about the service I received....here is my email to them:

I shop at the Enid OK Walmart store very frequently. I probablly spend at least $600 each and every month there....bare minimum...many times I spend more.

Today I was in the baby section needing to buy Pamper's Easy Up training pants for my son. He wears a size 6t and the largest size on the shelf I could find was labeled 4t-5t. I had recently picked some up at K Mart so I know that they exist.....I found the lady in the baby department and was unhappy to see that she is the one that is always stocking the baby section so despite 'knowing' what her answer would be, I asked her anyway...."Do you by chance sell Pamper's Easy Ups in a size 6t?"

and her answer was *with a wave of her hand in the direction of the diaper aisle* "If you didnt find it over there, then no we dont."

I was not surprised at her response. She was just as helpful as she always is.

I looked at my son, then her and said "I guess I will be going to Kmart then" she did not say another word.

I picked up the rest of my things that were on my list and paid for them...then I went to Kmart where I spent $30 that could have been Wal-Mart's. And I now know where to stop to pick up the training pants for my son....and as you may well know, that it is simply too hard to go into a store where you have to walk to the back to get what you want and then leave without getting anything else.

yes I will continue to shop at Wal-Mart but I can say with certainty that you have lost about $50+ of my money each month simply for me to have to go somewhere else for the product I want-- that your Enid OK store does not carry.

Thank you for your Time
Rachel
and here is their response:

Dear Valued Customer,

The specific question(s) you asked pertains to our retail stores. We
have, therefore, forwarded your email to Customer Service Associates for
our stores, as they are experts at handling these types of questions.

You will be receiving a response from them within the next 4 business
days. Should you wish to contact them regarding this or any other
stores issue, they can be reached via email at
http://www.walmartstores.com/, then click on "Contact Us" or you may
call them at 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278).

Thank you for visiting Walmart.com. We appreciate the opportunity to
serve you and look forward to your next visit. If we may be of further
assistance, please email us at [email protected], or call us at
1-800-966-6546. We're here to serve you from 6:00 AM CST to 1:00 AM CST,
7 days a week!

Sincerely,

Customer Service
what do you think they will do about it? Nothing is my guess!

Rachel

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bet that they are going to give you some generic reply about
"glad you are a customer yadda yadda, We order per store requierments and have found the item is not needed in your area for some reason (all of the kids are potty trained in your area by 4-5t so you will just have to go to the next towns walmart.":baby04:

I bet that will be thier responce

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
i cant help you with them not having your item, however, i can tell you that sometimes you will find in the pharmacy isles, the adult pullups in the xtra small size. my son was too big for the pullups available when he came down with some serious stomach problems, I bought them and usually got them about the same price. no cute pictures on them , but the worked better because the adult bladders are larger therefore the hold more. just a tip

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Sent them an EMail one time complaining and they basically said they don't care :shrug:

Truth it might sound crazy but I've got the feeling WalMart is getting way too much power.I know I just read in the Paper yesterday that one justifications of the County raising our County Taxes is because we are getting a Super WalMart :rolleyes: Come on give me a better reason than that.

big rockpile

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
At least you got a response! I sent a letter to a store & also their corporate headquarters about a problem I had & I did not get a response from either place. I won't be back there.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are trying to potty train....and he will NOT run around naked and will scream and cry if we try to convince him to wear underware....we haveunderwear that have sponge bob, diego, Cars the movie, thomas the train, etc.....he likes them but wont wear them....he only weighs 35 pounds so he should be able to wear the 4t ones but they bunch in all the wrong places and the side seams that are "easy tear" ummm tear easy...I tried the Feel N learn type and he didnt like them...I have a package that we will slowly work through....we have the White Cloud brand and he doesnt like them either.....:shrug:

he really has no interest in potty training and has just started truly confusing yes/no.....like:
do you need to go potty? NO
are you wet? NO
do you have backpacks? (the easy Ups have blue backpacks that disappear when he potties in the pullup) NO *clearly I can see that they are gone*
do you love Mommy? NO
can you say anything else? NO
sometimes it is a 'yes' kick......he wont answer questions truthfully

I am sure that 'demographics' show that they arent needed....oh well Kmart can have my money...I may start doing more shopping there...I dont usually cause overall the store isnt too clean and you really have to hunt for what you want mostly clothing-wise because the hangers never say the size that the garments are....and then the aisles and checkout areas are narrow.....

Rachel

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
last time I contacted WM about a problem, I got several calls from the store manager and a shopping card *I think the amount was $10*** AND the company I had the original problem with, satisfied my displeasure of their product...I contacted WM that time because the manufacturer was trying to ignore me and I bought their product at WM

Rachel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Once they started slimming down the automotive and sporting goods sections that pretty well put an end on my shopping there. They used to carry some motorcycle related items such as replacement faceshields for cycle helmets and the quarts of oil designed for motorcycles. They also used to sell firearms too and even stock a better selection of ammunition. Now they lack even a few common calibers.

Now I just have to drive farther to specialty stores to get what I need. It still peeves me, but at least I can still get what I need even if it is more of a trip.

As for their customer service skills in those they employ, I think they take lessons in rudeness and pomposity with their meetings at intervals that seem like every hour (as you hear them being called over the intercoms).

I think the last straw, besides sporting goods and automotive, was when I could not find matches in a supercenter. I could find waxed sawdust fire starters and lighters, but no matches. On top of that, I couldn't get the attention of an employee to ask them where they might be. I even looked in the kitchen paper goods aisle.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ours still carry rifles and DH routinely buys .40S&W bullets there....he hasnt had trouble getting ammo....he is a correctional officer

as for matches I would think that they would be with the charcoal....or with the 'paper goods' where the aluminum foil is.....or even on the baking aisle with the cake supplies???? maybe even next to the toothpicks that you can only find next to the toothpick dispensers which are in the kitchen gadgets aisle

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have written wm twice and have never received a response. Why should they? They could beat people silly and they would still shop at wm.

btw, I am going to the big town of fayetteville tomorrow ( a friend wants me to keep her company on an errand) and I am going to buy my stuff at target. so there!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Oh I got into it with them one time.I was looking at a Shotgun that was a 20ga. I asked if they had a 12ga.? Well probably but their locked up and I don't have time to check :rolleyes:

I went found the Manager,told him about the idiot.Well the Manager checked,said they didn't have a 12ga. but he could order one and it would be there in a couple days.I told him that would be fine and he could call me when it came in.Couple days later he called me at work.

But I even had the same problem at Bass Pro.I went in after a week in the woods,was wanting to look at Guns and the Guy working behind the counter didn't want to wait on me.Well he didn't know me and Johnny Morris were friends.I give him a call he asked who it was? Johnny said it would be taken care of.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Wal Mart can afford to treat you like crap - there are 10 more to take your place. They sell crap more times than not - they will take it back without any more questions other than "you bringing this back"? Just show your receipt. I will shop Wal Mart for the simple reason that I can get "stuff" there cheaper than anywhere else. I've tried K-Mart first (it's closer) and 9 times out of 10 they will not have the item I'm looking for - or at least not the one I really need. I look at Wal Mart and shopping there as sort of a fact of life - sometimes it sucks and other times it just goes great. I have gotten to know most of the people there. BE careful what you buy there - especially meat.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Wendy said:
At least you got a response! I sent a letter to a store & also their corporate headquarters about a problem I had & I did not get a response from either place. I won't be back there.

I sent a letter once telling the home office about the great service and friendly people in a store located about 40 miles north of us. The people working there are unusually friendly and very helpful. I love shopping there and wish I lived closer. I never heard from them either. LOL So I guess they don't care if we complain nor if we brag on them. :p

sgg-Jan

·
Registered
31,752 Posts
RachAnn in NW Okla said:
we are trying to potty train....and he will NOT run around naked and will scream and cry if we try to convince him to wear underware....we haveunderwear that have sponge bob, diego, Cars the movie, thomas the train, etc.....he likes them but wont wear them....he only weighs 35 pounds so he should be able to wear the 4t ones but they bunch in all the wrong places and the side seams that are "easy tear" ummm tear easy...I tried the Feel N learn type and he didnt like them...I have a package that we will slowly work through....we have the White Cloud brand and he doesnt like them either.....:shrug:

he really has no interest in potty training and has just started truly confusing yes/no.....like:
do you need to go potty? NO
are you wet? NO
do you have backpacks? (the easy Ups have blue backpacks that disappear when he potties in the pullup) NO *clearly I can see that they are gone*
do you love Mommy? NO
can you say anything else? NO
sometimes it is a 'yes' kick......he wont answer questions truthfully

I am sure that 'demographics' show that they arent needed....oh well Kmart can have my money...I may start doing more shopping there...I dont usually cause overall the store isnt too clean and you really have to hunt for what you want mostly clothing-wise because the hangers never say the size that the garments are....and then the aisles and checkout areas are narrow.....

Rachel
Never Never Never ask a child if they have to go potty. Just TAKE them to the toilet. You have to be trained-I know it's not fair but it will work.

Patty

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
An in-person visit to the store manager will have a huge impact. Email and letters are way to easy to ignore. But someone in their face is not to be ignored. The management is who SHOULD be told about this. I'm sure they have no idea they have an employee who is lazy or uncaring.

Pat

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I've e-mailed them on several occasions and always gotten a response from the store Mgr. I've made several complaints and I've also complimented a check out clerk for her efficiency and attitude. I believe that if you're gonna complain, you should also compliment when warranted. Too many people just complain but don't compliment good service. It's amazing how a compliment will change a persons attitude or make someones day...

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
" tried the Feel N learn type and he didnt like them.."

He is not supposed to "like them"....that's the whole point....when he realizes the consequences of not using the potty = uncomfortable pull-ups, he will choose the potty instead of the easy way out.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Rachel - you need to ask to see your specific store manager. Not a CSM (customer service manager) and not the department manager - THE manager of your store. His/her name will be printed on your receipt. The manager at our Wal*Mart would take careful note of items requested by patrons that are not normally stocked... and will oftentimes start carrying that product.

sgg-Jan - your compliments *are* heard. It was rude of them not to reply to you, but those compliment letters about specific employees get pinned up in the "break room" for everyone to see. If an employee gets many compliment letters the managers start taking notice.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
RachAnn,
I have started doing all of my shopping in KMart recently. The store is cleaner, the employees are more helpful and the wait at the cash register is much shorter. And the quality and price of their merchandise is equal to or better than what I have found in Walmart. KMart went downhill years ago and I know they had some big financial troubles but since they hooked up with Sears, I've noticed a definate improvement.
I stopped shopping at Walmart last Thanksgiving after being treated very rudely by their employees. The Thanksgiving incident was not the first time I had trouble with the service at Walmart but it was the last straw. They will no longer get any of my money unless they are the only store in the county who carries something that I can't live without. Maybe if they start having the same kind of financial problems KMart experienced, they will begin to improve their stores. Until then, they will not get any more of my money.
Good luck with your complaint to Walmart. I hope that someone in their headquarters at least sends you an apology.

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
To me WalMart has one of the best customer service policies I've ever seen. I have gone and asked for specific products and they always comply, if they can--somebody comes right out from the dept.

And of course, their return policy (with no reciept required) is awesome!

I love Wal Mart!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts