Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now maybe all of you already know about this, but it was new to me! Walmart has had the price match policy in effect for a long time. Nice, but you had to have the ads to show them, or ask them to look at the ads they keep at the registers, and that took time, etc. I just never bothered.

Now though, you can use the online "savings catcher". It's already saved me .48 cents from my first receipt!

You shop, take your receipt, go online, set up an account (just need an email address for that). You have only 7 days to enter your receipt number. There is also an app.

It will take that number, and within 72 hours notify you via email if anything you purchased was less at stores within the area of that store.

Your savings can be redeemed for a Walmart Rewards eGift Card or credits to your Bluebird by American Express Card.

Here's a link to the main site's FAQ page:

https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/faq

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you get it put on a Bluebird mastercard it will double the amount you get back. Double check that though, I'm not sure if it's just for employees but I don't think it is. I think you can do that till Feb, 2015.

T

·
0 Posts
I have used this, but haven't seen any found savings yet. But I am hopeful since they just opened a WallyWorld near us and I find it quick and easy to slip by there...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Someone was telling me about this!
Its really the only big box store (save tractor supply and home depot) in a 10 mile area.

I wonder what the radius is. In the next big town over we have a target, sams, etc etc, but its not worth the drive in gas to save the extra couple dollars

·
Registered
73 Posts
All of my savings have come from a town 20 miles from my walmart. That's good because I never see those ads to compare on my own.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have earned over $6 in the last month with it. So I am liking it. I do find that if I go to a larger town I have a much better chance of getting more back. Just more stores to compare ads on.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I work for Walmart and I refuse to use it. Walmart is in business for one reason only. To make money. I do not know how they intend to use your spending habit information, but they will.

I have an associate discount card. It provides a 10% discount on certain items. I separate my purchases into two transactions. The discountable items get a card swipe. The non-discountable items do not get a card swipe.

I get an annual statement that shows exactly how much I saved using my discount card. To the penny. This shows that Walmart is tracking my purchases and is keeping that information.

For a guaranteed 10% savings, I am begrudgingly letting them track my associate discount purchases. For a possible savings that may never materialize, I will not let them track my spending habits.

It is nobodies business just how many left handed pink and purple widgets I go through.

Peace,
Curtis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts