Walmart $4 prescriptions?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by cast iron, Jan 21, 2007.

1. cast iron

cast iron Well-Known Member

My understanding is Walmart has been doing the $4 prescriptions for several months now, and I was wondering how this was working out for folks?

Any problems so far? Do they usually have what you need? Are the lines long to get your prescriptions? Can you order three months at a time for $12?

Is there a list on the web of $4 prescriptions that Walmart carries?

Thanks

2. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

it is for 30 pills. if you take pills twice a day it will be $8. 3 pills a day $12. Yes, I order 3 months at time...once they didnt have enough and I picked up the rest the next week.

The line isnt any longer than before. Yes, go to walmart.com and get a list. They also have lists on the pharmacy counter at our walmart.

3. AbbeyLehman

AbbeyLehman I shoulda brought HUR!

Here's the lingo from the website:

This program offers up to a 30–day supply of generic drugs on the current list of covered drugs at commonly prescribed dosages for $4 for each prescription fill or refill. Your participation in certain prescription drug coverage plans may entitle you to pay even less than $4 for certain of these generic drugs. If you are eligible, you will be charged the lowest applicable amount. Certain generic drugs are priced higher in CA, CO, HI, MN, MT, PA, TN, WI, and WY due to state laws. Program not available in North Dakota. You can get these prescription drug savings whether or not you have any prescription drug coverage through your company, under Medicare or any other plan. The list of covered generic drugs is subject to change. Not all generic prescription drugs are covered by this program. Only prescriptions filled in person are eligible for the $4 program. This price does not apply to prescriptions filled by mail order. Prescriptions refilled may be ordered online or by telephone, but must be picked up in person at a participating Wal–Mart pharmacy. See your Wal-Mart pharmacist for further details.

So it would be a 30-day supply, not necessarily 30 pills....Depends on what your dosage is. This program has been GREAT for us! Everything we use (so far) is on it, so we've saved a bundle on prescriptions. Just wish the OTC stuff would go down, too!

4. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

30 day supply, and in some instances you can have your dr. double the dose and cut the pills in half.

5. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

not at our walmart...nor the one in the city.... it is up to 30 pills in each RX.

The wording is *up to 30 days supply* not a guarantee of 30 days...
    but I pay $8 for an RX that I used to pay $75 so I am grateful that Walmart has this program.

6. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Check Costco site online for your meds too,they have some super prices.Then just go to the store and hand prescriptions in,dont need to be a member.Took 45 minutes.

Guess you can order online too.

Cheaper than going elsewhere with my insurance,I paid cash.This is on generic meds for the super prices.

So here is the link to check med prices.

http://www.costco.com/Pharmacy/fram...fromscript=1&Article=pricing information&log=

I cut my BP and thyroids in half,it saves 33% by cutting the thyroids.Showed my Dr a list of various strengths and the savings I get and he wrote for double strength so I can cut em.

Another thing about Costco and cash,its not just a 30 day supply.I got 400 days of BP,200 days of thyroid,100 tabs Tylenol#3 and 100 flexorils(That will last me a LONG time) All for 140 dollars.

Thats hard to beat for value and convenience.

BooBoo

7. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

Works GREAT. I Got 3 MONTHS of pills for 12 bucks THAT IS 4 Dollars a month ~! And the Bottle says I get 3 more refills for this year~! It WAS Fantastic~! So Like I say I got 3 Months of pills for 12 dollars which IS 4 Dollar a month~! WAY TO GO WALMART~!!!!!!! All this was One Prescription Fill. 3 months worth at 12 bucks.

Added : IF I would have been on Medicare part D that SAME 3 Months worth of Pills PLUS a Prescription Plan, would have been at a cost of AT LEAST 100 BUCKS~!! Saved me a lot Way To Go again WALMART~!