Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today in my E-mail I had a e-mail from wal-mart to get a $150.00 gift card just take a survey It had 4 questions and on the 2cd page they wanted my cc card with the 3 numbers on the back and the pin number.
Whythey have several gift cards in the stores it looked like the wal-mart logo the do not need credit card numbers to put $150.oo on it so be careful,Paula

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
I had a similar one yesterday arrive in my e-mails, for citibank CC....said it would credit $50 for filling out a questionaire. 4 questions and then it wanted to know my S.S#, CC# four didgit security code and birthdate to "credit che card". Once I saw that I knew it was a scam.

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
If I haven't given my email address out to any particular company (Walmart, Scotiabank, Citibank), I delete the emails immediately, without opening them. You just know they have to be a scam!

If all the lottery winning notifications that DH gets were for real, we'd own our own country. :sing:

·
Super Moderator
16,906 Posts
I get those often as well.

The fine print at the bottom usually says that it is not affiliated with wall mart in any way. They are offereing a wal mart gift card, but, they are not wal mart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts