Wal-Mart roses doing great!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by ellebeaux, May 14, 2006.

1. ellebeaux

ellebeaux Well-Known Member

Hey all,

About 8 weeks ago I planted 4 bare $3.99 rose bushes from Wal-mart. They were basically bare sticks on a bundle of roots. I've given them rose food twice and kept them mulched over until the ground warmed up.

I'm very proud to say that all are leafing out vigorously and 3 are producing buds already!!! I'm so happy!

2. djb473

djb473 Well-Known Member

i bought 8 there this year there doin great i like them when you can see little buds commin off them,bought 2 from kmart 1 died ,1 is doin poorly but i think i can save it

3. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Having some interesting results with my Wal Mart roses. I bought them at the end of the season last year (think late summer) when Wal Mart marked them to $1 each. I bought six with no idea what color they would be. They are blooming now and I have a lavender color (which also has the rare pink bloom), a tangerine color (gorgeous), a white, a yellow (which is about to have a pink bloom) and a dark red (another gorgeous rose) and a pink. I have no idea how I got so lucky in getting all different colors! I sure am enjoying them, but suspect the lavender and yellow may end up being pink next year.