Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Loda Farm, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Loda Farm

Loda Farm Well-Known Member

I have 2 pygmy does that were pasture bred, so I am not sure of their due dates. Both have ligaments gone, and one has been having white discharge starting late yesterday, and is now yellow in color. I thought ths morning she was really going to have them, pawing in the straw, stretching, yawning, laying down, getting up, laying back down........ Now she is eating hay and grain, and not acting concerned whatso ever.......I HATE waiting. LOL

Think if I begged, it would make her go a little faster?

I can't take another night of getting out of bed and checking on her every couple of hours. My husband said I am not allowed to come to bed smelling like the barn again. :D

Laura

2. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

So will DH be sleeping on the couch? Not only have I gone to bed smelling like the barn, I've taken newborn kids to bed with me.

By the way, I'm waiting too. and waiting and waiting

Ruth

3. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

We should start a waiting club.

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

But this time to see if they are bred

4. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Ah, Shelby, I know for sure all 7 of mine are bred, but they're holding out on me!

Ruth

5. larellynm

larellynm Active Member

I am sooo glad I checked out this thread!!! So I am playing the waiting game with my pygmy too. but I can't tell if her ligaments are gone yet. so I look on line, I find no actual pygmy sites on birth, and see the fiasco site about the way they hold their tails. but she never seems to put her tail down. Always sticking up!!! so my question is when her ligaments are loose then will her tail flip down or am I just expecting too much? I am tired of waiting....... and begging and withholding treats haven't gotten me any babies either!! :shrug:

Larellyn

6. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

Tassie our pygmy still held her tail up.

About the only thing on the fiasco site that was the same with Tassie was the ligaments being gone. She really didn't hollow out or drop, so to speak.

When the ligaments were gone, we checked on her about every 30 to 60 min, and about 4 hours later, we started to notice her breathing harder and grunting, and the getting up and down. After about another hour, she was having contractions about every 10 minutes, while she laid down. An hour of having these contractions and my cousin and I timing her and waiting very impatiently Tassie went into hard labor and she would lay down and flail around, for about 5 minutes and then get back up and do it again. Really scared the bejeebers out of my cousin.