Waaaaaaaa

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by roadless, Nov 1, 2006.

1. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I can't fit anything and I can't stop eating and I'm as active as a slug. :Bawling: I really don't like me and my whiney self centered shallow attitude right now. Good grief, whats it going to take for me to just do something?

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I've been there too, my friend! When I get like that, I start writing out lists for myself...lists of house chores that need to be done...lists of exercises I'm going to do that day...lists of nutrition goals and desired water consumption...that kind of thing. I make each entry very small and easy to complete...that way, when I get something done and get to check it off the list I become more motivated to keep going and complete the lists. I know it's all a mind game, but sometimes I just have to do that. My hubby ALWAYS comes home from work with a list he's written out of things he wants to accomplish that evening. I used to think that was silly, but it makes a person very productive and energized instead.

You might want to try something like that for a couple of days to see if it helps anything. It seems to help me even more if I type my lists on the copmputer and print them out.

3. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

I came to the forum to post about the feeling of not being able to stop eating. My dd is worried that she has an eating disorder because she can't stop eating at times (the candy that was stashed for trick or treaters.). I was pleased to see your post. I too have had the "what is it going to take to make me stop" thoughts. I had just decided that I was not happy with how my stomach sat down before I did. OR how winded I was all the time when hiking OR how my RA was so painful in my bottom extremeties OR how I didn't feel sexy at all (more like a blob). I decided that I would just have to do it. The first 2 weeks were a witch. I joined WW with dd because the drs had given her the warning speech regarding dying young because she was obese (she is 16). I was not ready to join ww at the time but I did it for her originally. The first 2 weeks were a bear (actually more like the first 8 days) as my mind and body adjusted to eating real food.

My goal is not to stick to a diet for the rest of my days. My goal is to eat healthier for the rest of my days. I will eat great the majority of the time but I will not stick to something that says I cannot have a piece or two of pizza, or a cookie or a piece of candy of two (Not 3 bags of Twix - it makes you gain weight when you do that). I eat good food for the majority of the time and have a treat occaisonally. It works for me.

The plus on having started to lose is that I have dropped 40 pounds or so and have gotten some pretty amazing looks and compliments which usually helps keep me on track. I had one of the guys we do work for almost fall out of his truck when he realized who I was (I waved at him and waited for the reaction). He ran over, gave me a huge hug and said wow you look great (I am still 192 and 5'5 1-/2" so not tiny). THat was very cool. To have friends reinforce what I feel is wonderful.

What you need to do is change your mindset. You need to reward your brain not the fat cells. You need to surround yourself with people who praise the daylights out of you AND you need to clean out your cupboards. No junk left in them. Shop when full only and bring someone who will keep you in line if you need to. Most of all you have to do it for yourself. I did. Its working.

4. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you both for your words of wisdom. I'm a bit calmer tonight! mamaboo, I like the list suggestion, I think I'll try that. vtfarma you are right I do need to change my mindset. At times I'm just so hard on myself. I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences and congratulations on your successes! :)