:waa: NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY !!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by babecwgirl, Mar 24, 2005.

1. babecwgirl

babecwgirl Member

:waa: NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY !!!
    Bought 3 boer goats yesterday .the lady i got them from said they had no shots or wormers before...so a friend that has goats came over and gave them ivomec 1 % for me and a dose of pro-bias for stressing.. 2 goats are happy go lucky.. but one nannie(4months old) won't eat or drink, just stands...i took her temp, it is 104...what should i do what could it be..or is this how wormer works on some?..please help i dont wont to loose her... lynda :confused:

2. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

her temp i jus slightly up. normal for goats, is 101 to 103.
    IF you just bought her, she is going thourgh an adjustment period. make her some hot water, add molasses , not to much, and take it to her. have the water about 100 degrees ,she will like that, and offer her cookies. or a chip. mine love cookies, any kind. yup bribe her, it goes a long ways. I would also go to the farm stoes, and get a bottle of nutri drench for goats, and give her about 20 pumps in the mouth. ITi s vitamins for goats, it will perk her up. I would also give her a shot of vitamin b complex, you can also get that at the farm store, since she is a boer goat, I would give her, about 10 cc's of the vitamin b complex. I would give it for three days at least. and a shot of BO SE, that you have to get from a vet. but it will make a big difference in your goats.
    I give my goats a shot of BO SE, about 4 times a year.
    And I would get a lawn chair, and go sit in the chair, where she is and talk softly to her. she will come around.
    don't forget to give her a tetnus shot. they should all have a cd@t shot. your friend that helped you worm them , can probably help you out on these shots. good luck , and keep us posted, and congrats. on the new goats.

3. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Yep, what debitaber said.

Your nanny has just been dumped into a whole new place with new people to deal with. She just needs some time to get used to everything.

The Vitamin B complex will give her immune system a boost so that she doesn't get sick from anything while she's stressed out. If you can't find nutridrench, you can mix some yogurt in with some gatorade and molasses and see if she'll drink that (my goats like the lemon lime gatorade best).

For bribes, sunflower seeds and granola bars are pretty much irresistable for goats (and good for them). Mine also like ginger snaps and animal crackers (but not the ones with the icing). Apple slices and bananas are also big hits.

4. babecwgirl

babecwgirl Member

thank yall so much 4 ur help...i have set up w/her all day yesterday & all last night..@12:30a.m.last night i gave her pedialite(like for babies) so she dont dehydrate..i also so found out the people i got her from used her 4goat tieing( :( ..no wonder she was scared.Probally was thinking her turn was @any time.I sit w/her most of the night & talked 2her,she is ok w/me rubbing her more so..gave her probias last night at 1230A.M. and again @7 am this morning.

Finally "THANK GOD" AND YOU NICE FOLKS HERE FOR YOUR HELP" she ate couple bites of hay..she is coming around, her temp was at 102.3 this morning ..I'm going after stuff yall suggested 2have on hand next time..If yall was here i would give big ole' hug for help.." I WAS STRESSING MY SELF" WAS BEGININING TO WONDER SHOULD I EAT THE COOKIES TOO AND NEED THE VIT. SHOT(LAUGHING). :haha:
    Lynda

5. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

oh im sorryi missed this yesterday, my first htought was listerosis , at that age it would be a possible problem , glad its not that and you nad your sweetlings are doign well , congrats on the babies and welcome to the world of wierd goat people :D

6. JoyKelley

JoyKelley Well-Known Member

OK I am ignorant, what is goat tying,

7. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

roping off a horse, catching the goat and tying it , just like calf roping , but with a goat

8. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I am glad that your doe is doing better. remember , drinking, is the key, and good alfalfa hay. IT is the best thing for goats there is. YEs, it costs, but remember you get out of your goats what you put in to them. and they are wonderful . I think this doe you got, will come around, and I think she will be your very best friend. I am glad you got her, sounds like your going to me a wonderful goatress. welcome to the goat world. They will amuse you, and make you laugh, and are wonderful listeners, and boy can they return the love, and affection.

9. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

"I WAS STRESSING MY SELF" WAS BEGININING TO WONDER SHOULD I EAT THE COOKIES TOO AND NEED THE VIT. SHOT(LAUGHING). "

Well, I might take a vitamin pill instead of the shot, but you wouldn't be the first person to share a snack with your goat. :) It's very handy, actually, you never have to wonder what to do with your apple core - your trusty goat will just thoughtfully munch it up.