Vote to protect your homesteading rights...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by highlands, Nov 4, 2006.

1. highlands

highlands Well-Known Member

In the upcoming election be sure to vote and when possible vote for candidates that are going to protect your traditional rights to farm. Things like PAWS and NAIS are threatening our right to have animals. Talk to the candidates. Find out their stance. Let them know your feelings. Write letters to the editor.

[​IMG]

You can get the image above at this link if you like. Display it on your blog or web page to help spread the word about the threats to our rights to homestead.

-Walter
    in Vermont

2. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

Frankly, I'm old enough to know that what politicans run on--and what they do when elected are entirely different things. they will tell you whatever you want to hear when they're running for office--then when confronted with the "handy" money in Washington, they soon fall in line.

3. LagoVistaFarm

LagoVistaFarm Well-Known Member

Is there a breakdown by state on how legislators stand on this issue. All I get back is a form letter thanking me for input. I never gave input, I just want to know their stance. Both of our Senators are big supporters of small family farms but I'm not sure how they stand on NAIS.

4. highlands

highlands Well-Known Member

I'm curious, ceresone, do you vote?

LagoVistaFarm, I had hoped to make a breakdown by state but have not had the time. There is a Naughty and Nice list in the right sidebar of http://NoNAIS.org which has some candidates and representatives. If you get info for additions, email me at walterj@sugarmtnfarm.com along with a link or letter from the candidate.

Cheers,

-Walter