Visitor in KY

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by GeorgeK, Nov 9, 2005.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

I'm about 90 minutes away

2. Paul O

Paul O Well-Known Member

Hi George,
    I sent you an e-mail via your website. I'd love to see your place. I'm also interested in some of the other things you have on your farm. Do you want to make arrangements here or off line?
    Paul

3. GeorgeK

I'll send you a private message with directions. Don't want those PETArds getting it

4. Paul O

Paul O Well-Known Member

I just came back from a great visit with George, Elaine and their family. Its gratifying that perfect strangers can be so open and welcoming. Having similar interests kept the conversation going non-stop and I also got to sample some Pot Belly Pork for lunch. IT WAS EXCELLENT. George is quite the chef. BTW – I also got to take some sausage back to my efficiency closet and cooked it up for dinner. Now I can say, from experience that PBP is Good Eats (inside joke)
    The approach of their operation is neat. Its kind of “Don’t monkey with the animals they know what’s best”. I definitely took away some ideas.
    I was hesitant about putting this post in originally. It is a bit out of character for me but I am definitely glad I did. I guess that makes me an agrotourist. Who’d of thunk it?
    Thanks Again George and Elaine.

Paul

5. GeorgeK

You're welcome Paul. It was a fun visit. It's nice to see there are some level headed people out there