Homesteading Forum banner

641 - 660 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
Busy day yesterday- watched the grands from 5 am to 9:30, had the new to us car inspected, haircut, and grocery shopping. Today is phone calls and app't scheduling- Saturday morning we have to drop off an iWatch at Best Buy, and I haven't heard from the hospital about when my MRI will be so that has to be done.

My knee is better, but I still need OTC meds and periodic icing.

Today I'm having lunch with the grands, which just makes my entire day.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,826 Posts
My sweet little puppy got all excited and out of control last night. Played rough and mean with her littermate who came to visit and treated the kids like chew toys. I thought I was gonna have to buy Blondie a new dress. I put a leash on the puppy and her hearing improved!
20200723_201456.jpeg

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
We had a wonderful day with the grands yesterday, a good time was had by all.

There is another heat advisory for today, I think that's three for this summer. The second best thing about us moving to town is central air conditioning, the first is no mud. :D

Reactions: Cornhusker

·
Unapologetically me
20,731 Posts
It's been hot during the day here, mid to upper 90s but should cool down in the next week.
As hot as it is during the day, I still have to drive to work with the heater going, been in the mid 50s when I leave for work.
Been a rash of rattle snakes around this last week, probably because it's dry, they are looking for water.
Neighbor killed a big one in his dog pen, brother in law almost stepped on one while scoop feed bunks and a guy at work killed one over 45" long. That's huge for a prairie rattler around here.
We had one hanging down under the front bumper of one of the cars, but couldn't find it again, and they killed 2 in the garden department at Wal-Mart.
A neighbor lady almost stepped on one in their shop trying to find the light switch.
This was all in the last week, and I'm sure there are more I didn't hear about or can't think of right now.
We try to keep the grass and weeds down so we can see them before we get too close.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
It's been hot during the day here, mid to upper 90s but should cool down in the next week.
As hot as it is during the day, I still have to drive to work with the heater going, been in the mid 50s when I leave for work.
Been a rash of rattle snakes around this last week, probably because it's dry, they are looking for water.
Neighbor killed a big one in his dog pen, brother in law almost stepped on one while scoop feed bunks and a guy at work killed one over 45" long. That's huge for a prairie rattler around here.
We had one hanging down under the front bumper of one of the cars, but couldn't find it again, and they killed 2 in the garden department at Wal-Mart.
A neighbor lady almost stepped on one in their shop trying to find the light switch.
This was all in the last week, and I'm sure there are more I didn't hear about or can't think of right now.
We try to keep the grass and weeds down so we can see them before we get too close.
I'd have to move...

·
Unapologetically me
20,731 Posts
I'd have to move...
Normally, we hardly ever see them in our yard, but the neighbors a couple miles away seem to find 1 or 2 every year.
I think I've killed maybe 3 around our place in the 20 years we've been here.

·
13,826 Posts
Sometimes mother nature is just rude!
20200726_205853.jpeg

Reactions: Cornhusker

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,283 Posts
25 pounds of Sockeye Salmon sides in the freezer. :) That makes me very happy.

·
13,826 Posts
Put on a birthday bash tonight. Featuring shrimp boil and crayfish. Wish you were here!
20200801_182639.jpeg
20200801_183636.jpeg

641 - 660 of 675 Posts