Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 674 Posts

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,825 Posts
What happened? When I saw this thread title my first thought was, some of y'all got to scrapping and got the original locked. My apologies for thinking the worst!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
What happened? When I saw this thread title my first thought was, some of y'all got to scrapping and got the original locked. My apologies for thinking the worst!
Don't feel bad. That's what I thought.:D

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,460 Posts
I know where Plum is, but not Blum.

OMG, I mapped it. My maternal grandmother’s family was from Cleburne, just to your north.

Reactions: mreynolds

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
It's official, the now Alabama Pixies will be transferred to Australia in July 2020. The Australia Pixies will be there for two years, and our plan is a visit in 2021.

Our daughter will be home with the grand dogs for about a month in June/July. We'll know more when we met them in New Orleans in February.

On the home front- today is putting down the Ruggable rugs. It's a cool system of a base with a machine washable rug top. They're beautiful with various grey and yellows, two different patterns for the living and dining rooms. I still think I want to paint the walls. The prior owners painted the kitchen/dining room a pretty green, and the living room a very nice grey, but it's an open space and I think it should be one color. Maybe a creamy very light yellow to balance out the dark neutral furniture, I'm not sure tho. The soon to be Australia Pixie has volunteered to paint while she's home, she enjoys it. So we shall see.

I'm currently designing the closest of my dreams, but it's still in the planning stage.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,274 Posts
Yesterday I got lost in a book (science fiction). It was cold so I did not feel bad about not working in the shop. I will today. The work week will hectic as it is year end for most of the business my boss owns.

Today will be sanding day. I need to remember to cover my hair. We caught the wild kitty the other day and it is now at the local shelter. My friend took it because I really wanted to keep it and I would also want to adopt the entire shelter.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,460 Posts
Are you stuck in a ditch....
Or a honkey tonk?

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Unapologetically me
20,731 Posts
Cold and windy here today.
I ventured out to throw some hay to the horses and feed dogs and cats, and that's about it.
Car doors are frozen shut and it's just a good day and night to stay in the house.

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
I've bought multiple pieces of furniture online that had some assembly required, some pieces had a lot of assembly. We've been pleased with every purchase- lift top coffee table, smallish floor cabinet for the kitchen, a very nice dog crate/end table, a coat rack and bench (with storage) for the entryway, until the tall cabinet. The tall cabinet was defective, it took us two hours to put it together and the doors wouldn't shut correctly, wasn't steady (I was afraid the grands would pull it over on top them), and it was just shoddy. Call to Birch Lane, and I was rather irate, they gave me my money back and told me to donate or dispose of the cabinet. It has to go to the landfill because it's just unsafe.

I'm very pleased with how they handled the situation. And I'm looking for another cabinet at Birch Lane, but I will better check the reviews.

And we did put the Ruggable rugs down, and I love them. The pattern (floral) and colors brighten the dark neutral furniture perfectly. We'll soon see how they wash and vacuum.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
snowing today
just finished shoveling all my paths for the first time
it's supposed to go until tomorrow, with a hint of sleet/rain possibly mixing in
got 6 inches already
kind of a bummer we already had school off
I LOVE a school off snow day
seems a waste on a vacation :D

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I've bought multiple pieces of furniture online that had some assembly required, some pieces had a lot of assembly. We've been pleased with every purchase- lift top coffee table, smallish floor cabinet for the kitchen, a very nice dog crate/end table, a coat rack and bench (with storage) for the entryway, until the tall cabinet. The tall cabinet was defective, it took us two hours to put it together and the doors wouldn't shut correctly, wasn't steady (I was afraid the grands would pull it over on top them), and it was just shoddy. Call to Birch Lane, and I was rather irate, they gave me my money back and told me to donate or dispose of the cabinet. It has to go to the landfill because it's just unsafe.

I'm very pleased with how they handled the situation. And I'm looking for another cabinet at Birch Lane, but I will better check the reviews.

And we did put the Ruggable rugs down, and I love them. The pattern (floral) and colors brighten the dark neutral furniture perfectly. We'll soon see how they wash and vacuum.
I wonder if someone might like your tippy cabinet for their garage? could it be bolted to a wall to keep it from tipping over?
Not for you to keep, but someone crafty could probably do something with it?
Sorry, I am landfill phobic

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
I wonder if someone might like your tippy cabinet for their garage? could it be bolted to a wall to keep it from tipping over?
Not for you to keep, but someone crafty could probably do something with it?
Sorry, I am landfill phobic
I don't like throwing things out either, and I'd normally send something like this to Goodwill, but it's not safe. I don't think it would hold up to wall mounting brackets, the entire back is like heavy duty wallpaper. Maybe an angled bracket from the top...

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,274 Posts
The lake is frozen and the wind is whipping off of it. It is cold and brisk and a walk cleared the cobwebs quite well.

1 - 20 of 674 Posts