Homesteading Forum banner

Violence against Asians

4K views 138 replies 33 participants last post by  Redlands Okie 
#1 ·

MIDTOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- Police want to identify the man who punched and kicked an Asian woman on her way to church.

The incident was reported Monday in front of 360 West 43rd Street just before noon.

Authorities say the 65-year-old victim was punched and kicked until she fell to the ground as the suspect made anti-Asian statements toward her.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I doubt there is a real rise in anti-Asian hate. Does anti-Asian hate and violence exist? Sure, just like there is anti-Whatever hate and violence. No "race" is immune from hatred and violence. I don't think the Atlanta shooting has anything to do with hatred against Asians. It was a mentally damaged individual who saw the only way to get over a sexual addiction was to remove temptation.

#7 ·
The murders at the Massage Parlors was about the dudes sex addiction. The number of hate crimes against Asians is up. From 8 in New York to 12. From 10 in L.A. to 14.
What's not being told is that 80% of all assaults on Asians are by young Black men. But 80% of all assaults are by young Black men. Asians are not being attacked due to China virus, nor are South Africans attacked due to the South African variant. Brits are not getting assaulted due to the British variant. Connecting any random Asian assault to China virus is just media bias that can't stop hating Trump.

#10 ·
I know that there are racist people in our society. There always have been, always will. However, I see the media jumping on stuff to ensure that we are viewed as a totally racist society. The government does the same by dividing us by race, religion, etc. Exploit whatever they can for votes or ratings. While the majority of us are just trying to build a decent life for ourselves and our families

#71 ·
Reminds me of a Walter Williams story. As a young college student, speaking in class about a revelation he had, " I trust no one. As a result, I don't ever get cheated, but have few friends. My wife trusts everyone. As a result she gets cheated, but has many friends." Walter was feeling very wise. The professor asked if he'd considered the third option. That puzzled Walter, "Third option?" The professor explained, " Most people don't think about you at all." And so it is, while some worry about some hidden plan to cheat you, but in reality, nobody is paying any attention to you. Indifference abounds. Racism takes a far third in anyone's thoughts.

#11 ·
We are all biased based on culture, income, gender, hygiene, diet, truck you drive, kids you raise, hairstyle, politics, etc.
And yes everyone is racist to some extent.
Everyone has some even minute learned reaction or response or initial thought that is racially biased. The anti racist activists are among the worst.
For someone to say they haven't a racist drop of blood in their body is akin to claiming you can't read or write yet correct my spelling.

Now that big brother is sliding his glasses up his nose and leaning into their monitor, I'll say this-
How many people desire to go out and harm or kill people based on race?
How many people (not groups) are advocating for another race to take a back seat?
One only has to look at the FBI profiles to see that hate crimes are not being perpetrated by families of white southern christian republicans; not overwhelmingly, not even a majority.
You don't have to agree with my opinion but I would hope we all start to agree that almost nothing is being broadcast on mainstream media anymore based on news value; every story now is weighed by producers on it's ability to create manufactured consent and manipulation.

#49 ·
We are all biased based on culture, income, gender, hygiene, diet, truck you drive, kids you raise, hairstyle, politics, etc.
And yes everyone is racist to some extent.
Everyone has some even minute learned reaction or response or initial thought that is racially biased. The anti racist activists are among the worst.
For someone to say they haven't a racist drop of blood in their body is akin to claiming you can't read or write yet correct my spelling.

Now that big brother is sliding his glasses up his nose and leaning into their monitor, I'll say this-
How many people desire to go out and harm or kill people based on race?
How many people (not groups) are advocating for another race to take a back seat?
One only has to look at the FBI profiles to see that hate crimes are not being perpetrated by families of white southern christian republicans; not overwhelmingly, not even a majority.
You don't have to agree with my opinion but I would hope we all start to agree that almost nothing is being broadcast on mainstream media anymore based on news value; every story now is weighed by producers on it's ability to create manufactured consent and manipulation.
is it racist to be concerned about ones safety in a group of white methheads? Or a bunch of outlaw bikers? Or is it common sense?

#12 ·
This seems like a good time to mention intersectionality.

The reasons for this heinous act are not one thing. It is clearly a hate crime against Asians. It is clearly misogynistic. It clearly has roots in some twisted sexual pathology. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

When we try to pigeonhole it as one or the other, we are putting our heads in the sand, trying to avoid some uncomfortable truths.

#18 ·
It is clearly a hate crime against Asians.
So, if a crazy person goes to a place that is overwhelmingly staffed with Asians(at an establishment that is often associated with prostitution) it is automatically a "hate crime". What if this sexual addict had been from Nevada and shot up one of the brothels there, for the same reasons as this person? The victims, in such a case would likely be mostly white. Would that be a "hate crime" against whites? Or, have we been programed to jump when the media says "racist"?

#20 ·
This seems like a good time to mention intersectionality.

The reasons for this heinous act are not one thing. It is clearly a hate crime against Asians. It is clearly misogynistic. It clearly has roots in some twisted sexual pathology. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

When we try to pigeonhole it as one or the other, we are putting our heads in the sand, trying to avoid some uncomfortable truths.
So, if a crazy person goes to a place that is overwhelmingly staffed with Asians(at an establishment that is often associated with prostitution) it is automatically a "hate crime". What if this sexual addict had been from Nevada and shot up one of the brothels there, for the same reasons as this person? The victims, in such a case would likely be mostly white. Would that be a "hate crime" against whites? Or, have we been programed to jump when the media says "racist"?
No. I think the Paw’s subtle but clever rhetorical mechanism went over your head.

He was clearly trying to bring the complex concept of intersectionality down to a level we could understand by using a demonstrative example of the intersectionality between blind regurgitation of media narratives and the Dunning-Kruger effect.

#28 ·
I've lived in 3 major cities. In all of them, the massage parlor/brothels were owned and operated by Asians. I think there are people that prey on Asians because they hate them for whatever reason, but I don't think this was one of those cases. It doesn't seem like he hated Asians enough that he didn't want to have sex with them. And yes, I know there are people that use people they hate for sex as some twisted outlet. That just doesn't seem to be the motivation here.

#29 ·
I live in a part of the country and work in a field where there are virtually no Blacks and very few Asians anywhere to be seen. There are a fair number of Hispanics in the community.

I was always under the impression Asians were fairly well treated and respected because they treated others fairly well and worked hard and worked their way up the economic ladder pretty quickly with good business sense.

this, of course, is profiling, but it is how things were in the past. If we can’t use statistics and science, then we are doomed anyhow.

so I’m befuddled by this new crisis that has come upon us in the past 2 months and is now the second or third worst crisis the nation has ever faced in the 3000 years it has existed.

or, however the crisis is told for us to follow?

Shame on those who try to divide us. Shame on them at least as much as those who historically harbor racial thoughts.

all of the same sewer.
Paul

#32 ·
The increase in violence towards asians correlates to a pretty large uptick in crime nationally since early 2020. Asians tend to live in more urban areas and with the draw back of police what results is inevitable. I'm sure there has been a huge increase in crimes towards white people in those areas that is unreported and the black community has taken the brunt of it since, well, that's where the uptick is.

#43 ·
A meth head robs three 7 11s in the same night and they all happen to be owned by Pakistanis. 6 months earlier one owner wouldn't sell him booze.
Or he robs three dry cleaners that happen to be owned by Koreans. 6 months ago one owner told him to quit standing in front of their store.
Or he robs three drive thru coffee shops owned by women. 6 months earlier one of the women seemed offended when he asked her on a date.
Is he a racist who robs minorities or a drug fueled moron who picks targets of opportunity and just happens to want revenge?
Trying to work race into this crime does what to prevent future crime?

#45 ·
#60 ·
The news has done its darnedest to "woke" us privileged white folk. When a Syrian shoots a Massage Parlor, populated with Asians, then this is portrayed as another example of those evil white people picking on Asians. A statistic showing an increase in Asian assaults frosts that racist cake.
But non-Asians and non-females were also targeted. While assaults on Asians are increasing, 70% of attacks on Asians are young Black men. But if you leave that context out of the news story, people can draw a false conclusion. White people are not killing Asians because a worldwide pandemic started in China.

#67 ·
Maybe some have figured it out, and sit by and let it build

#70 ·
I'm white and live in predominantly white, rural Midwest. I'm pretty confident a person of color; black, asian, indian, etc. could walk down my road without fear of much.
However, in many neighborhoods of color in major metro areas it's almost a given that if I were to walk down the sidewalk there, I could expect to be robbed, beaten or worse.
Meanwhile it's the whites that are most often accused of being racist.

#72 ·
I thinkbthat most people are indifferent.

Not because they don't care, but because they are busy living their lives and don't care what other people are doing.

For some reason, if you are indifferent and don't celebrate or constantly make others more important than they need to be, you are insensitive and bigoted.

Indifference isn't a bad thing in many cases.

#73 ·
Racism and unwarranted violence (non-self defense) is never ok... ever. But I'm not sure if there are actually more cases or if the media is just reporting it more. The racial motivation and separation is out of control in this country and unfortunately, its working. I have never been more aware of skin color. I barely used to notice and now its the first thing I notice how sad is that? I think "are they going to hate me? Do they think I'm racist?" Etc. Before I would've just smiled and the amount of melanin in their epidermis wouldve only been noticed in the same way I'd notice hair or eye color... just a passing observation. Now, more than ever we are judging by skin color and can care less about the content on character... all in the name of anti racism...

#74 ·
I agree with you Kate. I used to view skin color as just another variable in a person. Now I am more likely to notice if brown children are running wild in a store or if the driving texter is dark or light skin instead of their license plate number. I catch myself thinking more about a person's race now than I did 10 years ago.

It's sad really. People are taught to be racist, it's not something a person is born with. But with all the recent focus on race the media is turning all of us into racists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.