Vicki

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Al. Countryboy, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

I'm always tickled when we get new info like the one that Vicki has just posted. I know there has to be alot of repeat on different topics and problems that arise with new comers with goats, but every once in awhile posts like these make getting on this forum a real thrill. :) :D :D

2. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

I realized that I pushed the new posts button and those reading may not know what I was refering to. This was a post about not giving a new born kid water. Made so much sence even to one that may have a few brain cells that are dieing out. ;) Be sure and look this post up.

3. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

What's she blathering about now? :)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday! We are on our countdown to breeding season, everyone hit 50 days left, course it also means the feed bill starts going back up! I am soo looking forward to seeing my Faith Farm's son's kids hit the ground! Vicki

4. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

I also appreciated the information on not giving water, even printed it out to show dh. We have been trying our hand at bottle calves, and needed to know the logic on this. A dairy farmer told us that if they drank too much water they'd die. But we didn't understand why, and were undecided about keeping it from them. I saw the little calf we have now drinking from the buck's water one day, and he refused his bottle that evening. We've moved him so that he does not have access to water.

5. I didnt offer water to my bottle babies or calf for quite awhile despite urgings from several people who thought they knew better. People increase water intake to lose weight....and if you give the baby alot of milk, they get "milk fat".....

6. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Country boy I think what we should do is just copy and paste all Vicki's excelent advice and make her book for her what do you think?? :haha: Without her advice on many many subject my goats would not have lived thru my bumbling.