Vet confirmed Pregnancy!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, May 27, 2005.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

Last saturday, i gave my Pymy doe goats (2) a bath. i then tied them to the fence in the shade outside of thier pen to dry and stay clean.
    but we were watching my friends' dog, who is a larger sheltie mix thing, and my father let him off his chain, unaware that my goats were not in thier pen.
    he bit my 3 year old doe, Daisy in the thigh muscle and made a puncture wound dangerously close to her vulva, and i made dad take me and her to the vet. he said it wasn't serious and she would be fine with a two day antibiotic. he then checked for pregnancy, and said he definetly felt something in there!
    So Daisy is fine and is quite chubby.
    so anyway, if this is her first pregnancy, and she is 3 years old, she will probably have twins then, right?

2. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

YA HOOO!!!:dance:

She won't necessarily have twins because of her age. I've had goats only single out and I always thought it depending on wether it was their first kidding or not. Anyway, for us it seems that most first time moms single and second time around they do the multiples.

3. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I have had first timers have one, and I have had them have three. so just wait and see what you get, and be sure to post it, we will all want to know.
    and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!babies are such fun. !!!!!!!!!