Very Sick baby, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tinetine'sgoat, Jul 7, 2006.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Our little bottle baby with sore mouth and pink eye is getting worse. On Wednesday he only ate about 10 oz for the day. Thursday looked better he took around 25 oz. Today is worse than Wednesday. I have only gotten about 4 oz in him and that's not with him sucking, that's with the bottle being dripped into his mouth and him swallowing. I havn't seen him urinate all day, and he is begining to have clearish stools that honestly blow little bubbles. I need some help here, I am using terramycin for his pink eye. What do you suggest. It is getting hot here and he is running on empty. :Bawling:

2. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

If you have colloidal silver I would use it in the eyes and swab it around the mouth, too. On a human silver cleared up pink eye in less than two days. Have no idea if that would work on a goat.
    good luck,
    poor little thing....

3. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

He needs something for pain then he will want to eat.

4. witchysharon

witchysharon Well-Known Member

Triple antibiotic cream (brand name Neosporin....although I use a generic brand) has cleared up pink eye in two of my goats within 2-3 days. For pain, give him a baby aspirin 2X a day. (Or 1/4 of an adult aspirin 2X day)

5. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Bless your heart. I would say he might need to be tube fed. I am sorry I don't remember how old he is, but that is what I would do. I know it is very painful. Have you tried the oral jel on him? You migh try to keep it on him all day if possible. Also Nutri drench. Several times a day. prayers are going out to you and the little one. :bash:

6. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Finally some improvement. My mom brought up some baby aspirin, and I gave him a good dollop of orajel, and it has helped considerably!!! His brother is a robust little go-getter, but this one is just having a rough go of it. We'll keep pluggin away at it, till we get him well. Thanks everyone for the help. :)

7. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

How is the little one doing? Hopefully he should be doing better as long as he had been able to eat. Thought about you all weekend.