Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
ladycat, your first picture shows the log being pulled by a 1940 Ford Standard truck (as opposed to a Ford 'Commercial' truck)

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Believe it or not one of my best friends here in Northern Wisconsin has one of these, it is VERY old and he plans to donate it to the Smithsonian at some point.

His Dad used to take it to State and County Fairs all summer from the mid 60's through the mid 80's, charged people a dollar to walk through it.

I am going to be out at their resort this week I will have to take some pictures for you all.

Margie

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
From what I understand from my friend's Dad there are still a few of these in the mid-west being taken to Fairs around the country.

My friend's Log has only been out on the road twice in the last two years, they took it to a Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana last summer and to some other kind of Festival in Iowa the year before. My friends father is just to old to be "touring" The Log anymore, at 82 years old with terrible eye sight he really just can't drive that huge rig safely.

These log homes are worth a LOT of money, several collectors still call every now and then trying to get the old man to sell, it he always tells them no.

Margie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts