Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night the little liqueur store about 200 yards from my house was robbed at gun point
by a masked man wearing gloves ,and completely covering his face you can't tell a thing from the surveillance video , he demanded cash the clerk gave it to him , he also wanted the cordless phone that sits on the counter I suppose to give himself 2 minutes to get away , we are a small rural town and the police actually do respond very quickly so 2-3 minutes for the clerk to find another phone and call

well this all has the wife a bit freaked out

sounds like he fled on foot just south of us

it is likely some one local who would have been easily recognizable if they took that much effort to conceal themselves and fled on foot

we had a bar get held up 2 years ago at closing , they knew who the guy was and the police were waiting at his house , this guy obviously decided to better conceal himself

I will find out tonight who was working I know most of them

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Even living in the country is no protection against crime. You get the criminals coming out from the big city because there are less witnesses. Meth addicts are a whole new bunch of criminals in the country. This is why I generally have a loaded weapon within reach when I am in the house.

·
in memoriam
12,697 Posts
Fellow down the road was shot and killed. Young dumb kid had heard rumors the guy was loaded with money as he sold hay to all the tiny horse farm people. The guy also didn't help his self as word got out he always carried a bundle of bills in his pocket.
His wife said he kept that big wad to impress people but was just a 50.00 wrapped around a bunch of singles.

:D Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts