Vaccines?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by jwcinpk, Jun 15, 2004.

1. jwcinpk

jwcinpk Well-Known Member

What do you vaccinate your goats for? Where do you buy it? Local vet recommended CDT. Is that all i should worry about?

2. CDT is the only vaccine we use, and we also worm, of course.
    You should be able to pick up the vaccine, as well as wormers, and needles at your local feed store or Tractor Supply Store.
    mary

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

We do CDT once a year ( its a shot and 30 day booster first time) and this year we did rabies because it is quite prevelant now in Maine. Babies get tetanus antitoxin when disbudded. Not sure if the rabies is a yearly thing or like dogs every couple-three years. I have my vet do my shots & disbudding.

4. robmiap

robmiap Member

cdt is a combination shot, for tetanus and overeating. we give this 1x per year. and we worm 2xyear. but we going to start trying herbal wormer year round. the cdt can be bought at tsc, or your vet may sell you exactly what you need. if you have a large herd, or your goats are with other animals you might want to use powder or some type of method for lice. these are two good websites, and they show how to give shots, and what products to use. Good luck Mia in IN
    www.hoeggergoatsupply.com
    www.fiascofarm.com

5. I've raised,bred goats for aloooonnng time I've never vaccinated them for anything back then we never even heard a that. The dog that protects the herd (a maremma sheepdog) Sadie I never got her dewormed because she ain't got worms! Goodluck on the goats!

Harvey in VT