Homesteading Forum banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is he good with having to get a passport?
Are you?
I don't care about it either way. I have no idea what he thinks. I just said that wanting people to get vaccinated isn't the same as thinking everyone should have a vaccine passport to travel. But since you addressed me directly, I do have a question for you. Why are you unable to discuss it without such open hostility?

·
Voice of Reason
52,843 Posts
Why are you unable to discuss it without such open hostility?
That's the way it is now. You're either with him or against him -- no middle ground. People who disagree are no longer people with a different point of view, they are the enemy.

·
Premium Member
20,652 Posts
That's the way it is now. You're either with him or against him -- no middle ground. People who disagree are no longer people with a different point of view, they are the enemy.
I don’t think so. I disagree with many of the conservative posters here on various issues and agree with them on others, and they aren’t hostile to me. I count many of them as friends here. We all have our own viewpoints and perspectives and I think there is room for that. Certain issues just bring up strong feelings.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I don't care about it either way. I have no idea what he thinks. I just said that wanting people to get vaccinated isn't the same as thinking everyone should have a vaccine passport to travel. But since you addressed me directly, I do have a question for you. Why are you unable to discuss it without such open hostility?
Why can't you answer a simple question?
What was "hostile" about that post?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
The truth doesn't seem to matter to you. Im tired of hearing all the lies you post and not taking responsibility for the things you post that are flat out wrong. You, look at every conservative as the enemy, thats a fact. You can never, ever hold a Democrat accountable for their action, ever. Besides, you don't ever discuss things rationally. Everything is Trumps fault, or Bushes fault. You just can't see what you are. We can because we've seen it for years and years. It's to bad you see that there's no middle ground, but thats only with you, not others. Thats not the way it is now, thats the way it's always been. Remember the other day i agreed with you?
You couldn't stand it so you had to bash Trump or Bush, i dont remember which, to retaliate.
I am now seeing liberals as the enemy. They are trying to destroy America and our values. It's very clear. Liberals have said that those that don't think like them are their enemies, so there you have it.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I did answer your question, and in the simplest possible way, so what didn't you understand about my answer?
Passive aggressive....
My apologies for not seeing your answer, maybe you missed the question.
I'll ask again..."in the simplest possible way".
What was hostile about my post?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The passports will be our social credit system, which works so effectively in China. Bunch of first world countries just essentially declared the need for world government due to the pandemic. All starting to come together now and make sense, eh? We're nearing the goal, the point of this whole psy-op we've lived through this past year. Keeping us safe was never the goal, but it's always the perfect excuse.
I won't ever submit to it.

Reactions: HDRider

·
Registered
526 Posts
Passive aggressive....
My apologies for not seeing your answer, maybe you missed the question.
I'll ask again..."in the simplest possible way".
What was hostile about my post?
I'm not being passive aggressive. You just seem to have a lot more vested in this than I do, and it seems to be affecting your ability to discuss it without anger. I don't care whether anyone gets the vaccine. I don't care about the passport. I didn't say your question to me was hostile, I said you seem to have trouble discussing this without hostility, as evidenced by your posts throughout the thread. I don't expect you to agree.

I will admit to not agreeing with either extreme point of view. On one side, you have people equating the vaccine passport with Nazi Germany and showing your papers. I think that is overly dramatic and silly, and I think the people saying it know it is. On the other hand, you have people saying it's unpatriotic and you don't care about other people if you don't get vaccinated, and I think they are being disingenuous as well. I think that point of view is just as overly dramatic, and just as silly.

I can understand the reasons for people not getting the shot, even though I don't agree. I would just like a return to people being able to have rational discussions. Name calling and emotional tirades rarely, probably never, persuade anyone to rethink their point of view.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I am seeing advertising on television about how to improve or repair your online reputation.

Chinese style social credit score or vaccine passport..... the mess is already here and the many of the politicians and voters seem to think its a good idea. Sad times coming.

·
Premium Member
26,588 Posts
It's starting to sound like the vaccine passport would be the mark of the beast. If you have to show it to go somewhere or buy something you migjt as well just have it pasted to your forehead.

·
Voice of Reason
52,843 Posts
It's starting to sound like the vaccine passport would be the mark of the beast.
Maybe not that critical, but people are taking their vaccination cards very seriously. but if a vaccine passport becomes a reality in the US U kind of doubt that the CDC card will become the standard of proof. They're too easy to fake. Still, a lot of people are laminating their CDC cards.

·
Voice of Reason
52,843 Posts
Hmmm, starts out with cough in your arm, keep a distance now to permission slips under threat of shunning. Keep the line moving.
It's not personal. It's just common sense guidelines to prevent the spread of disease.

But if you;re really that concerned about "shunning" you can always get vaccinated.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
It's not personal. It's just common sense guidelines to prevent the spread of disease.

But if you;re really that concerned about "shunning" you can always get vaccinated.
Or people could respect the rights of other people to make decisions about their own bodies and stop attempting to coerce, bully, browbeat or force them into doing what they are told. What part of "we don't have enough long term data on this vaccine to be comfortable injecting it" are you not getting? What part of "if I have an adverse reaction to this vaccine I have no recourse because the vaccine companies have been made immune from consequences and that makes me wary" are you not getting?

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Here are the cards, Print up your own and fill out what you want on it. There is no "tracking" number of id number. Its just a piece of paper.. Not going to protect you, might be illegal, but if thats what someone needs to let you in the door it should work. Or just get the shot Your choice.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
I'm not in the age group right now that are eligible to take the vax. When the time comes that I am coerced/forced into it I'll only take the J&J, per doctors advice. I am sure that my employer will be directed to institute it.

I've already had covid and have been tested repeatedly for antibodies, which I have after months of testing.

121 - 140 of 185 Posts