Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting Friday, New Yorkers will be able to pull up a code on their cell phone or a printout to prove they've been vaccinated against COVID-19 or recently tested negative for the virus that causes it.

The first-in-the-nation certification, called the Excelsior Pass, will be useful first at large-scale venues like Madison Square Garden, but next week will be accepted at dozens of event, arts and entertainment venues statewide. It already enables people to increase the size of a wedding party, or other catered event.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are three dozen vendors on the Darknet, which is not visible to search engines, that are selling fake certificates for up to $200 each, according to Check Point Research, a division of Check Point Software Technologies.

The purpose of the phony documentation is for buyers to allegedly use it to prove to employers, airline employees, cruise line personnel, government officials and other interested parties that a vaccine has been administered while, in fact, it hasn't.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I woke up early this am, pondering about how far we as a people have let the powers take over our lives with this covid. I got up, poured my coffee and read this thread. Now I am sure all the past predictions are true. Slowly I turn and see control everywhere. The only thing this certificate enables is for the gov't to havenmore control over the individual.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the passports will only provide a false sense of security, but aside from that, someone is thinking of ways to cash in if you use their passport system.
How do they "cash in"?

Who are "they"?

·
Registered
10,618 Posts
We can't just have any fly by night selling ebay vaccines and signing off on "paperwork for a buck" set up shop.
There will have to be a new department formed with offices, staff, bureaucracies. A trustworthy network of pharmaceutical companies and sub corps to assist the government in implementation and operations.
Contracts must be written and approved.
Funding must be sourced or printed up.
"They" have held us and protected us for the past year+, who else could be more qualified?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
How stupid - getting vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch Covid-19. Being vaccinated just means your case of Covid will be milder. If you have it, even a very mild case with few or none overt symptoms, means you can spread it....

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
How do they "cash in"?

Who are "they"?
From ÿour second link

There are three dozen vendors on the Darknet, which is not visible to search engines, that are selling fake certificates for up to $200 each, according to Check Point Research, a division of Check Point Software Technologies.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How stupid - getting vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch Covid-19. Being vaccinated just means your case of Covid will be milder. If you have it, even a very mild case with few or none overt symptoms, means you can spread it....
this is not the point of the certificate....pull the wool from over your eyes

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From ÿour second link

Minimal dollars involved relative to the big picture

·
Registered
21,438 Posts

The purpose of the phony documentation is for buyers to allegedly use it to prove to employers, airline employees, cruise line personnel, government officials and other interested parties that a vaccine has been administered while, in fact, it hasn't.

I look for legislation making this a crime with a penalty likely worse than for murder, rape, or robbery.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I look for legislation making this a crime with a penalty likely worse than for murder, rape, or robbery.
follow this: first our nation is in an up roar about the elections, then during this along comes covid (conviently or not), then the masks, then the vaccines and now a certificate to prove you had the vaccine...hmmm, follow the control, follow the money for the pharmies, and follow what will come form this new certificate...follow the tightening of control and the gradual loss of our freedoms. What the hell????

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think it is Pharma money moving the needle.

I think the Davos group has seen the success of totalitarian systems like China and have convinced themselves they can exert similar control, but in a more "benevolent" way, and make money in the process. It is for our own good.

You will own nothing, and be happy.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
According to this article,

Airlines and others in the travel industry are throwing their support behind so-called vaccine passports to boost pandemic-depressed travel, and authorities in Europe could embrace the idea quickly enough for the peak summer vacation season.
WHY DO TRAVEL COMPANIES WANT THEM?
International air travel has collapsed during the pandemic, as countries impose restrictions such as quarantines or outright bans to curb the spread of the virus. Airlines are counting on vaccine passports to convince governments to drop some of those restrictions that discourage visitors.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
this is not the point of the certificate....pull the wool from over your eyes
I do believe you missed the first two words - I understand entirely what the certificate means. For your edification, I was logically pointing out one substantiated reason that the certificate is meaningless. It's easy to go into more, although I sincerely hope you are not brainwashed by the media and can figure more out by yourself.

Reactions: Alice In TX/MO

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Could it be that these measures and the threat and talk of them is to encourage people to get the jab?

"Well if it's going to be required to travel, I might as well get it now while I can."

1 - 20 of 185 Posts