Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Sounds like my kind of people, anyway.

<Pony hums Billy Joel song> I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...
Mine too.

I need to get an aspirin (or 6). I have such a migraine that I completely misread the beginning of your last line. Can't even tell you what my aching brain read it as.

·
STILL not Alice
20,203 Posts
Mine too.

I need to get an aspirin (or 6). I have such a migraine that I completely misread the beginning of your last line. Can't even tell you what my aching brain read it as.
Dang. I'm sorry you have migraine. :(

It's the season for headaches here (oak pollen to the max), but migraine is Teh Suxorz. Don't forget to wash that aspirin down with some strong coffee. Feel better soon!

Reactions: SLFarmMI

·
STILL not Alice
20,203 Posts
Thanks.

The only coffee worth drinking is strong coffee. If your spoon won't stand up in the stuff, why bother?
"How is the coffee? If you were to put a horseshoe in it, do you suppose it would stand erect? "

Reactions: SLFarmMI

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Do you have a problem with fire code limitations on occupancy rates. Both circumstances are for health and safety.
That’s a false-equivalency. Fire codes are established, applied consistently, and divulged to the business owner in advance of them doing their business case and building their establishment. Covid-era occupancy limits have been arbitrary, fluid, and used to unfairly disadvantage certain businesses and groups.

If we had a particularly bad drought, and the bureaucrats announced that increased fire risk required small businesses and churches to close, while giving Walmart and Home Depot exemptions, I would call shenanigans as well. Would you?

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
That’s a false-equivalency. Fire codes are established, applied consistently, and divulged to the business owner in advance of them doing their business case and building their establishment. Covid-era occupancy limits have been arbitrary, fluid, and used to unfairly disadvantage certain businesses and groups.

If we had a particularly bad drought, and the bureaucrats announced that increased fire risk required small businesses and churches to close, while giving Walmart and Home Depot exemptions, I would call shenanigans as well. Would you?
Good point.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

Science denier!

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,516 Posts

You can post all the reasons you believe that Covid occupancy rates are invalid or arbitrary but they are still Health and safety rules or regulations.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
You can post all the reasons you believe that Covid occupancy rates are invalid or arbitrary but they are still Health and safety rules or regulations.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,233 Posts
Painterswife said, “You can post all the reasons you believe that Covid occupancy rates are invalid or arbitrary but they are still Health and safety rules or regulations.”

So was Prohibition.

·
STILL not Alice
20,203 Posts
Painterswife said, “You can post all the reasons you believe that Covid occupancy rates are invalid or arbitrary but they are still Health and safety rules or regulations.”

So was Prohibition.
Yup.

Some rules were not only meant to be broken, there are some that we have a responsibility to break.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's this neato website everybody has been talking about. recallinslee.org. It looks like fun. I voted independent, btw. Apparently threw my vote away, so I'm told. I don't particularly care for politics at all, but the infringement on rights has gotten my attention. If you wanna get the shot, go for it. I won't judge. That's your business. Similarly, what goes on with my body is my business. What I really hate is the constant pushing to get it. Don't they know that makes people resist even more???? They call it "vaccine hesitant", a term that actually really ticks me off. Do we call it "rape hesitant" when we raise to allow a random weenie to be injected into our bodies? No, bc that would be ridiculous, because... Bodily autonomy. The word is not "hesitant", it is NO, and that word is totally ok to say.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts