Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
It sure does. The sections were used before but at lower capacity. If now the vaccinated that would have been in other sections are no longer in them those spaces are available for unvaccinated.
It sure doesn't. It doesn't raise the cap on unvaccinated people allowed nor does it ban vaccinated people from sitting in the sections for unvaccinated people.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,516 Posts
It sure doesn't. It doesn't raise the cap on unvaccinated people allowed nor does it ban vaccinated people from sitting in the sections for unvaccinated people.
Yet any savy business owner knows when you can accommodate more customers in the same place, that more customers in both sections will get served unless they decide to only serve vaccinated customers. The math proves you wrong.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I'm going to put my two cents in again 😃. Mom came home on 2-1 after five days in the hospital with covid-19. Sibling asked where was my mask. Said I was being stupid , mom wasn't wearing one and I wasn't the one sitting beside the return for the HVAC.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Yet any savy business owner knows when you can accommodate more customers in the same place, that more customers in both sections will get served unless they decide to only serve vaccinated customers. The math proves you wrong.
Actually, it doesn't.

Let's say I have a restaurant that can accommodate 2,000 people at 100% capacity. I've only been allowed to operate at 25% occupancy with a limit of 200 unvaccinated people. I've let my 200 unvaccinated people in and filled up the rest of the space with vaccinated people. At this point I have 200 unvaccinated people and 300 vaccinated. Now, I can open up at 50% capacity but I still have a limit of 200 unvaccinated people and they have to stay in their designated spot. So now I can have 800 vaccinated people but still only 200 unvaccinated ones. I have not increased the availability of spaces for unvaccinated people at all.

You know as well as I that no business owner is going to force a party consisting of a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated people to split their party and have some in the vaccinated section and some in the unvaccinated section. They are going to be seated in the unvaccinated section. So, while previously I was allowed to have my 200 unvaccinated people spread throughout my space as long as I didn't go over my 25% occupancy limit, I now have to put those unvaccinated people all in one area and some of my allocated 200 spots are going to be taken by vaccinated people. The maximum number of unvaccinated people I will have is 200 and I most definitely will have less due to the presence of mixed parties.

·
Registered
33,495 Posts
Japan has been slow to vaccinate its population, with only 2 percent of residents having received a shot. There is less urgency to do so in a country where fewer than 11,000 people have died of Covid.​
Japanese regulators have so far approved only Pfizer’s vaccine and are still evaluating Moderna’s and AstraZeneca’s, despite their obvious success elsewhere. Even if those vaccines are approved soon, the government’s contracts with the vaccine makers do not require the delivery of many doses until late this year, Motoko notes. The country appears to be months away from reaching the vaccination levels of the U.S., Britain, Israel and other world leaders.​

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
I'm going to put my two cents in again 😃. Mom came home on 2-1 after five days in the hospital with covid-19. Sibling asked where was my mask. Said I was being stupid , mom wasn't wearing one and I wasn't the one sitting beside the return for the HVAC.
You are surrounded by stupid lol. All that virus was headed right toward them.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Like @TripleD hinted at, in a room with AC it doesn't really matter where or how you place people. The air is flowing all around.

Also MIT did a study and debunked the 6 foot rule and said it needed to be 66 feet. If this is accurate then we have all been wrong.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Yes, more on that study.

Yes, I read and posted it a few weeks ago. And with every study there is a counter study to debunk that one. Because people like to be led.

Forget any scientific study about it and look at mechanical engineering on Transference of air in an HVAC system. Then tell me that 6' indoors is enough room.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Yes, I read and posted it a few weeks ago. And with every study there is a counter study to debunk that one. Because people like to be led.

Forget any scientific study about it and look at mechanical engineering on Transference of air in an HVAC system. Then tell me that 6' indoors is enough room.
It isn't a counter study when it's from the Author of the study.
It's a clarification...

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
It's a clarification...
I did
It's a clarification...
I did not say that one you posted was a counter study did I? I saw the study and I have already seen his explanation after the fact because he wasn't clear on the first one.

Now how about answering my question about mechanical engineering air transference.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I did

I did not say that one you posted was a counter study did I? I saw the study and I have already seen his explanation after the fact because he wasn't clear on the first one.

Now how about answering my question about mechanical engineering air transference.
I wouldn't know where to begin, but since you bring it up, maybe you can explain.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
I wouldn't know where to begin, but since you bring it up, maybe you can explain.
Generally the return air vent is opposite the supply vent. Supply comes in on one side of the room and returns on the other.

Doesn't matter of you have hepa filters because you are breathing the air before it gets to the filter.

If someone has a virus and you are in the same room you are breathing it in.

·
Registered
526 Posts
it is a good idea, it will let restaurants and other places increase capacity and encourage people to get the vaccine. Lets face it every one wants to be treated like a VIP and having vax only sections lets people feel like they are getting special treatment
I don't think many people that got the vaccine got it because they wanted to feel special.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I don't think many people that got the vaccine got it because they wanted to feel special.
And people who didn't get it didn't do so because they are unpatriotic, selfish, stupid or any of the other insults that have been hurled about.

I remember back when we all used to mind our own business and respect the rights of others to make the decisions that are right for them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
And people who didn't get it didn't do so because they are unpatriotic, selfish, stupid or any of the other insults that have been hurled about.

I remember back when we all used to mind our own business and respect the rights of others to make the decisions that are right for them.
I haven't heard many people doing that either, except maybe in the media, and I don't care what they have to say. Not everyone who got the vaccine cares whether other people didn't. I'm one of the ones that thinks people should do what they want to do and everyone else should mind their own business.

·
STILL not Alice
20,203 Posts
The idea is to help increase the seating at events without forbidding unvaccinated attendance. Don't want to show your card, or get a shot you sit with the unvaccinated then.
Sounds like my kind of people, anyway.

<Pony hums Billy Joel song> I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I haven't heard many people doing that either, except maybe in the media, and I don't care what they have to say. Not everyone who got the vaccine cares whether other people didn't. I'm one of the ones that thinks people should do what they want to do and everyone else should mind their own business.
I've heard it plenty outside of the media and it's just ridiculous. I've had more people ask me when I'm getting vaccinated and who can't seem to comprehend why I'm not than I can count. I'm seriously thinking of making a recording on my phone that says "None of your ___ business" so I can just push a button and play it when I get that question yet again.

We definitely need to get back to the days of minding our own business. Seems to be a lost art.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts