Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
I figured this would start happening. Another way to force the vaccination. My state has really turned this into a political thing. The news reports that: The "smart" people who voted for Biden have been getting the vaccination, The "dumb" people who voted for Trump are not. (How they can prove that either way is beyond me since I'm pretty sure you don't have to give your political affiliation when getting the shot) I see that I'll be doing less and less off my property 'cause I am not getting the vaccination.
Not taking a side, but it has been my observation that a lot of people who lean left can be against vaccines.

My date is May the 12

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Vaccine distrust also falls along racial lines.

The CDC reports demographic characteristics, including race/ethnicity, of people receiving COVID-19 vaccinations at the national level. As of April 26, 2021, CDC reported that race/ethnicity was known for just over half (55%) of people who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. Among this group, nearly two thirds were White (64%), 12% were Hispanic, 9% were Black, 6% were Asian, 1% were American Indian or Alaska Native, and <1% were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, while 8% reported multiple or other race. However, to date, CDC is not providing state-level demographic data for people vaccinated.

·
Registered
860 Posts
it is a good idea, it will let restaurants and other places increase capacity and encourage people to get the vaccine. Lets face it every one wants to be treated like a VIP and having vax only sections lets people feel like they are getting special treatment

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
it is a good idea, it will let restaurants and other places increase capacity and encourage people to get the vaccine. Lets face it every one wants to be treated like a VIP and having vax only sections lets people feel like they are getting special treatment
While treating the unvaccinated like lepers. Wonder if we'll have to start ringing a bell and shouting "Unclean!" wherever we go.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Why should they feel special?

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
no one said they "should" however letting people feel special is good for $
Special treatment than. It might be good for a few dollars but I predict it will back fire. Those that have friends and family unable to take the vax would not be amused by them being told they need to go to the back of the restaurant (bus). With or without a vax I would avoid any places that instituted such a rule.

·
Registered
33,499 Posts
Vaccine distrust also falls along racial lines.

The CDC reports demographic characteristics, including race/ethnicity, of people receiving COVID-19 vaccinations at the national level. As of April 26, 2021, CDC reported that race/ethnicity was known for just over half (55%) of people who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. Among this group, nearly two thirds were White (64%), 12% were Hispanic, 9% were Black, 6% were Asian, 1% were American Indian or Alaska Native, and <1% were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, while 8% reported multiple or other race. However, to date, CDC is not providing state-level demographic data for people vaccinated.

For example, in Colorado, 10% of vaccinations have gone to Hispanic people, while they account for 42% of cases, 25% of deaths, and 22% of the total population in the state. Similarly, in the District of Columbia, Black people have received 36% of vaccinations, while they make up 54% of cases, 69% of deaths, and 46% of the total population.

Reactions: no really

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,516 Posts
The business is able to have more customers. It is a win for the business, the staff and the customers. Yet what we get is complaints about special treatment.

·
Banned
120 Posts
I figured this would start happening. Another way to force the vaccination. My state has really turned this into a political thing. The news reports that: The "smart" people who voted for Biden have been getting the vaccination, The "dumb" people who voted for Trump are not. (How they can prove that either way is beyond me since I'm pretty sure you don't have to give your political affiliation when getting the shot) I see that I'll be doing less and less off my property 'cause I am not getting the vaccination.
Linky?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
The business is able to have more customers. It is a win for the business, the staff and the customers. Yet what we get is complaints about special treatment.
No, it's a win for only some of the customers as the businesses are only allowed to add capacity by adding sections for vaccinated people. No increase in the number of unvaccinated people allowed. It's just another example of the silliness attached to this vaccination.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Question is, does the vaccine work, if so why the segregation?

Reactions: jeepgrrl

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
It “lets them”, “they’re able”?

How quickly we accept previously outrageous intrusions as normal.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
From what I gather the separation has to do with physical distancing.
No six foot rule for vaccinated, but it's in left in place for unvaccinated attendees.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,516 Posts
No, it's a win for only some of the customers as the businesses are only allowed to add capacity by adding sections for vaccinated people. No increase in the number of unvaccinated people allowed. It's just another example of the silliness attached to this vaccination.
Less vaccinated people in a certain section allows more spots in the unvacccinated section that would have been used by the vaccinated. It is a win for everyone because more people can be accommodated.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
From what I gather the separation has to do with physical distancing.
No six foot rule for vaccinated, but it's in left in place for unvaccinated attendees.
Actually that sounds great, I hate having to sit that close to those I don't know. That's the section I would request.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Less vaccinated people in a certain section allows more spots in the unvacccinated section that would have been used by the vaccinated. It is a win for everyone because more people can be accommodated.
Read the article. No increase in the number of unvaccinated people allowed. It doesn't open up any more spots for unvaccinated people.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,516 Posts
Read the article. No increase in the number of unvaccinated people allowed. It doesn't open up any more spots for unvaccinated people.
It sure does. The sections were used before but at lower capacity. If now the vaccinated that would have been in other sections are no longer in them those spaces are available for unvaccinated.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts