Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the beginning end of the learning curve on solar power, so I took pictures of the information on each component. If one of you kind folks would decipher this, I will be grateful.

That is the label on the canister for the UV light. Water circulates through the canister, and exposure to the UV light kills the suspended algae.

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

That’s the label on the back of the inverter. I was hoping to hook the inverter to a battery that I charge with a solar panel. The inverter squalled when I hooked it up temporarily.

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is the battery. Is it too small? Wrong type?

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Solar Controller that I charge the battery with. I am successfully running a small fan off of this and/or off of the battery.

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made notes from your responses to my other post about this.

UV Ballast requirement = Of course it doesn't SAY that clearly. It says "Consumed power 8 watts"

The Black and Decker link won't let me in. I am working on figuring out if it's a sine wave or modified sine wave inverter, but I am just learning the lingo.

Adding: I found one for sale that indicates it is modified sine wave.

The squalling also may have been that the battery was low. (actually reading the whole label does amazing things)

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Is that what I need?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Okay, you should be good to run that on your inverter. It didn't state a startup load but it surely can't be over 200 watts... the battery is the culprit, I'm pretty sure. Try hooking that inverter to the battery in a running vehicle and see what you've got.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So to clarify a little more, by hooking up the inverter and running the device off the inverter in a running vehicle, we are testing to see if the battery you were fixing to use is the problem or not. If the inverter doesn't squeal hooked to a running vehicle, it was the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts