Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Country Girl
4,306 Posts
Thanks Erin! I have been saving my old T-shirts forever and have all sorts of colors now. I want to make some chair pads or an oval rug to go by my kitchen sink. I probably won't get to any of this until after the New Year. What is the best size to cut the T-shirt strands into? For like all purpose strands.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Erin! I have been saving my old T-shirts forever and have all sorts of colors now. I want to make some chair pads or an oval rug to go by my kitchen sink. I probably won't get to any of this until after the New Year. What is the best size to cut the T-shirt strands into? For like all purpose strands.
I agree. 1.5 " is a good over all width to cut your t-shirt yarn. I have a video that shows how to cut it in one long strip. I also prefer to crochet instead of braiding. I just like to give people different options on making rag rugs. I hope you give it a try and have fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cut them 1.5 inches I,J,K hook. Usually which ever one I come across first.
Have gone up to 3 inch strips then had trouble with my hand, decided was too bulky.
The smallest hook I use is an N. I prefer 14 mm to 21 mm. It is much easier on your hands and forearm. I also use and 8.5" hook in length to add comfort as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts