Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure that kids are gonna find ways to get hurt anyway, so why not make it FUN for them? :) I had an old, moldering swingset, play thingy that had a platform and a slide and one swing. The other swing had broken from age and use.

So, I built an exteded platform on the front of the existing platform and moved the whole shebang over by the pool. I dismantled the swing part.

Then, I mounted the plastic slide onto the top of the platform and, Presto, zingo! A pool slide.

I had to spend about $30 to get the new PT lumber.

Here's some summertime fun Videos of the kids. They're short videos, but fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1IcZUvfObA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j36gl4rC6m4[/ame]

·
Registered
567 Posts
Oh, aren't you the coolest daddy. But that thing is a copay waiting to happen!!
SHHHHH... Don't show my DH, he will try to mangle our kids faster!

Have fun! Kimberly

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looks like lots of fun. :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
momlaffsalot said:
Very cute videos..and that is possibly one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen!
Well, I hate to Brag (not really) but here are some pictures of all my kids. My oldest is 18, the Boy is 8 and the Babe (as we call her) is 6. They're all good kids and we have a ball at our house.

This is a July Issue of Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Magazine which featured my baby girl on the cover about 2 years ago. My wife was doing some professional photography then, and sent in a scrapbook page to the magazine. They used it on the cover for their July edition and sent us a check for $400.00.

OK,Ok...I'm bragging...so what? I'm proud of my family!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Not only is she cute, but she is smart too! Wasn't that her that I heard remind her brother that if he went down back first he would still be going down HEAD first? I was impressed to say the least! All three of your children are beautiful!
God bless you and yours
Deb

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hears The Water said:
Not only is she cute, but she is smart too! Wasn't that her that I heard remind her brother that if he went down back first he would still be going down HEAD first? I was impressed to say the least! All three of your children are beautiful!
God bless you and yours
Deb
You guys just keep making me brag...yeah, the little girl is off the charts smart. She finished Kindergarten reading at a 2nd grade level. Her teachers really don't know how to measure her scholastically at this point.

She helps her brother (2 years older than her) with his spelling drills...

I just hope she gets a good paying job someday so she can take care of me in my old age... :p

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
all you need now is a waterhose at the top to aid in the wet body trying to slide down the side......

sounds like your daughter is super smart....maybe let her run the video while you show them how its done????

Rachel

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RachAnn in NW Okla said:
all you need now is a waterhose at the top to aid in the wet body trying to slide down the side......

sounds like your daughter is super smart....maybe let her run the video while you show them how its done????

Rachel
I can't squeeze my fat rump between those handlebars at the top! Actually, I thought about the hose thing, but they say it slides good enough, and I think they move down pretty quick...I was afraid they would stick to it instead of slide, but it seems to work fine as-is.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Like the Idea, was wondering what to do with my kids old fort swingset.

If sliding becomes a problem try putting Pledge on the slide.

I shot my kid 6 feet off the end of his with just one application.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Boleyz said:
Well, I hate to Brag (not really) but here are some pictures of all my kids. My oldest is 18, the Boy is 8 and the Babe (as we call her) is 6. They're all good kids and we have a ball at our house.

This is a July Issue of Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Magazine which featured my baby girl on the cover about 2 years ago. My wife was doing some professional photography then, and sent in a scrapbook page to the magazine. They used it on the cover for their July edition and sent us a check for $400.00.

OK,Ok...I'm bragging...so what? I'm proud of my family!

Good thing the kids got their looks from their mama. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts