Urgent! Zip Files From AngieM2

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by daileyjoy, Aug 9, 2004.

1. daileyjoy

daileyjoy Well-Known Member

Delete it! It is a virus. Angie asked me to post for her.

Jennifer

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

Files come in as a .zip e-mail. Says "pricing" in the message.

anyone can get it, and it starts sending e-mails.

Got this at work today, and they've cleaned my machine.

Trend now knows about it, and has a fix.

Angie

3. If you don't already have a virus scanner, do yourself a favor and get AVG Antivirus. It is free and very effective:

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

It comes with a free utility that updates virus patterns every day automatically.

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

Dear unregistered...

This was on a company computer that has what is usually a very good firewall, and virus scan.

It's totally a new virus. The virus scan companies were not yet aware of it.

I opened a ligit looking file about 2 minutes before the company warning came out.

Just wanted to make sure no one here opened the same kind, and hopefully they'll have some filter. But a lot of home people don't have the same assets as a company does... and if it got thru at work, it's pretty "good" virus.

AngieM2

5. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

Thanks. I got this today but since I didn't know the sender I trashed it anyway. Figured it was new as I didn't recognize the virus name.

Until these virus writers and spammers are treated like those hostages in Iraq (the one who come home in 2 pieces) they have no reason to stop their attack on every computer user in the world.