Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a young Teenage Boy likes hanging out with me. He is very quiet and shy, just don't know how to communicate with girls.

I haven't seen him in awhile, yesterday was with him he was wearing Make Up :confused: asked him about it. He said because of him being quiet and all that they are saying he is Homosexual and should try wearing Make Up to see how he is accepted. I asked him do you like girls? Yes but I can't talk with them. So you find it easier to talk to Guys? Well yes. Are you wanting more than just talk and hanging out? No.

Told him I sure don't know where they come up with what they do. No I'm not Blood Kin, he is with his Mom but she could care less. :flame: I know some one is going to say he is not telling me everything but he has always been open with me :shrug:

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does this have to do with the school??
The School Consoler suggested he is Homosexual and should start wearing Make Up to show him that he will be accepted.

Oh I might add he don't like wearing this but going along with it because they say this is what he needs to do.

big rockpile

·
Registered
212 Posts
BRP- What kind of school is this your boy attends? I can not imagine a public school counselor giving a kid this kind of advice. If this is all true, I would say that you- and the kid- have some serious grounds for contacting the administration and asking for clarification. In fact, no matter what kind of school is involved- there needs to be some explanations, I would say.
good luck- Ed Mashburn

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
The kid is a friend, not BRP's son... He wouldn't be able to deal with the school over it..

Reactions: myheaven

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Yeah.. that is some seriously bad advice.
Shame on the counselor.

Yeah.. give him a hug.
Tell him that high school is only temporary and he never, ever has to ever see these people again.
He can graduate, go to college and meet girls that really like quiet guys.
They exist!!

And just be his safe place, his buddy.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
The school can't talk to you about the kid but you can tell them what he has said. Bullying is illegal everywhere,I think. I would call the principal or superintendent , or CPS if they don't do something dramatic. If you have a relationship with the parents tell them. There is no excuse for this if the boy is telling the truth.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Have you wife teach him how to cook, the best cooks seem to be men, and a man shouldn't be helpless and not be able to feed himself. It worked for me, When the girls at church had recipe parties, I was the only man invited, they like my baked cheese cakes. It always was a great way to get talking with girls by comparing recipes, It is better than talking about what make up you like the best or what color dress goes with your eyes. Do that then they will figure your just one of the girls and won't be interested in you. But a man who can cook, well that's different. Second thing to advise, get a job where there are plenty of girls working. My first job was clean-up boy in a store bakery/ deli. All girls worked there, when I started to bake, it was amazing what people would say when they were tired at 3 am that they wouldn't talk about during normal hours, you get to learn a lot about women. Of course I had 4 sisters so that didn't hurt. Finally tell him to get some testosterone don't let others tell him wear make up, if some one had told me I was gay when I was young he would have gotten a knuckle sandwich.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I’m sorry this young man is having such a hard time. My DH was also very shy with girls when he was in HS. He is not gay.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
BRP, you're not being very clear and concise in your communication here......

Originally you stated that "they" said that because he was quiet, he was a
homosexual and should try wearing make-up to see how he was accepted.

Then you appear to clarify it (somewhat), by mentioning in the next post,
that it was the "school counselor who suggested he is Homosexual
and should start wearing Make Up to show him that he will be accepted."

I Hate to break this to you, but when you
start out with "they"; it implies MORE THAN ONE!

A high school counselor is a single, solitary person......NOT more than one.

However, he also shouldn't be giving out this implicit type of 'advice' ......
as by doing so, it implies that the rest of the administration may
very well be 'okay' with it as well.

You as a taxpayer in that school district also have a
vested interest in what is being taught and promoted.

I would suggest if this is a concern to you and/or others,
that you get together the local posse and mosey on down
to have a heart-to-heart talk with that counselor and the
school superintendent for 'clarification' on what is being promoted/taught.

Reactions: scooter

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
don't have any advice for what to do or not do. but, I do appreciate your thread.

had to have a heart to heart with one of our kids tonight. she's having a little sadness because cheerleading is about to end and she won't be seeing some of her friends as often. she was sad and asked if she could go to public school so she could keep seeing them.

I was trying to reassure her that we'd still be keeping out and about with friends. my hubby was all over the whole list of reasons why he doesn't want our kids in the schools and will continue to do whatever it takes to make sure I can stay home and keep homeschooling them.

your post was the first one I read tonight. it reminds me why my hubby is so right. I've heard of a lot of stuff over the years that people have had to face with their kids in school. some are very sad, frustrating, shocking and most don't seem to be easily resolved.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok my Son is this Boys, Sisters Father. Their Dad passed away couple years ago. Afterwards they told the Girl that our Son was her Dad, he has been visiting and buying for her regular. We have been treating Her Brother as one of the Family.

They are living with their Mom in the city.

Every thing is cool as far as our relationship.

big rockpile

T

·
0 Posts
Being that age is awkward... And kids can be horrible to other kids.

Please share with him that the quiet and shy girls out there appreciate quiet and shy guys... They just are too shy and quiet to share that revelation! :)

Next, make sure he knows he can be whatever he needs to be. I don't think there would be quite so many homosexual kids out there, if modern society would quit trying to make every kid who is slightly "different" think that they are gay!
He does not need to fit any label. He can just be Dave or Matt or Bob... And he will be a perfectly wonderful Dave or Matt or Bob.

Share with him that Makeup does not equate to having sexual relations with men. As a chick, I can guarantee that the two have nothing in common. I have gotten lucky with no makeup, and I have not gotten lucky while wearing makeup. They're not connected. Not even remotely!

Whoever is coercing him into wearing makeup is trying to humiliate him. Tell him his eyeliner should be his choice, not someone else's...

Poor kid.

I think I would call the school - while you cannot GET information about him from the school, let them know what he is reporting to you... Will be an eye-opener. Go to one of the Assistant Principals, and explain the situation. Clarify you are not SEEKING information, you are SHARING what you heard. The AP will listen and then will look up his records and March down to the Counselor's office to which he is assigned.
(I Worked for a massively huge school district, most of them love their jobs and have a passion for what they do. They want to help. It sure ain't the pay!)

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
I'd be upset too--this is the stupid's advice I've ever heard!! I go along with sister pine..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts