Homesteading Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well were you all aware of the fact that there is no guarante (sp) of delivery for any package sent via UPS. And there is no refund if they do not deliver it.
And they really dont care.
We shipped presents last week with a 3 day guarante (sp) delivery paid over twice the normal amount for things to be delivered by Monday. Well no presents are there, and no presents are going to be there. According to their idiotic customer noservice probably not until after the first of the year, maybe!!!

Try explaining that to a 2 year old.........Santa got run over by a UPS truck!!!
Spread the news far and wide DO NOT US UPS they are a waste......

Alice in Virginia

·
Crazy Dog Lady
3,436 Posts
I tracked a package a few years ago that had been sent via UPS... online tracking said it had been delivered. I had been home all day, working out in the yard as a matter of fact, and no brown trucks had come down our street. I called customer service and was told "of course it was delivered, because the driver scanned it and listed its status as delivered." I explained over and over that I did not have the package, had been home all day, etc. to no avail.

The package was delivered the next day. I practically accosted the driver and asked him why tracking showed it was delivered the day before. Driver tried to tell me that there must have been some mistake, etc. Never could get an answer out of him.

Fast forward to a few months ago... a friend of mine's husband worked for UPS when he was younger. He told me that if he was running behind on his assigned deliveries for the day, he would leave them on his truck but scan them as "delivered" and then deliver them within a few days, whenever he could fit them in. Apparently they give some drivers "too many" packages to deliver in one day, or if the driver gets stuck in traffic and gets behind, he tries to play catch up with the undelivered packages on other days.

Shady dealings...........

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Well were you all aware of the fact that there is no guarante (sp) of delivery for any package sent via UPS. And there is no refund if they do not deliver it.
We shipped presents last week with a 3 day guarante (sp) delivery paid over twice the normal amount for things to be delivered by Monday.
Alice in Virginia
Once they are delivered, get ahold of UPS again and give them the tracking numbers. The "guarantee" is the package will be there on time, or the delivery charge is free.

While it won't be there for Christmas, you should at least get reimbursed for the shipping.

That is how all their "guaranteed" - Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, or 3rd day delivery is handled. They will reimburse you for the shipping costs (and it should be the entire amount). Of course, that is provided the delivery problem wasn't caused by weather conditions "beyond their control".

They can't start the "reimbursement" charges until AFTER the package is delivered, but I would be on the phone as soon as it is delivered and have them get a check to you.

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
today's UPS doesn't let drivers get away with that. Their wireless units only will show package as delivered if it is... very hard to cheat. You can't set a package to 'delivered' if it wasn't first checked on to your truck, and they check your truck at the end of shift. You'd have to be a special kind of employee to put packages elsewhere.

I would suggest shipping a little farther in advance. This time of year is especially trying on drivers... weather makes it that much harder.

R

·
Registered
468 Posts
I got a FedEx delivery on Monday that came in a little green jeep - none of thebig trucks could get on the roads because of snow and ice. Still waiting for an UPS delivery, but I would rather it be late than have some driver be killed or injured trying to deliver in impossible conditions!

Limey

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
We have two regularly scheduled deliveries via UPS per week. Every week, 52 weeks a year. The mailing labels have our farm name and our family name on them. Yesterday was the first missed delivery. It was delivered to the wrong farm. They have been delivering in rented U-haul trucks and rented cars for the last 2 weeks.
Now that is farm and business related and I would say that it is pretty good track record.
Unfortunately the story doesn't end there.We live on this farm, same address and same name --- just not the farm name on our personal packages. They are rarely delivered on time..... very often, I get a postcard in the mail saying that they are unable to locate us--- even tho they may have delivered a package the day before..... same address, same names, same bumpy driveway, same dogs barking at them and usually the same driver -- just the farm name not included on the label. No amount of phone calls or talking to the drivers can account for it or fix it.
Tana Mc

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And that is the real rub, "No amount of phone calls or talking with the drivers can fix it." According to customer NOservice they arent going to even attempt to make it right. "It is this time of year, we gt behind that is just the way it is, sorry."
I figured shipping 7 days ahead would be plenty of time. But according to them there is no telling when something will be delivered regardless of what the customer pays. If I had mailed in in November there still wouldnt have been any guarentee that the package would be delivered in the same year.

There is no guarentee that the package will be delivered before spring, or even by then. Only guarentee is that it will be delivered......yeah right. I will wait a week and then file a claim for missing package, we paid for insurance as well.

I can only hope I will open up some eyes and cause people NOT TO USE UPS. If I can cost them customers, my work here will be done. Hit them in the pocketbook only way to get them back. I feel they owe by 65.00 and I will get it back one way or the other. Hummmm I wonder about picketing their office.............it is a public sidewalk.

Alice

·
Trainer of kids, dogs and horses...fears nothing
8,598 Posts
I've had far better luck with UPS than FedEx. And no one else delivers in our area... :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Everyone's having trouble this time of year.

I had TWELVE packages from all around the country that were supposed to arrive on Friday ... inventory for a new business ... not one of them made it. I got most of 'em Monday and the rest have been trickling in. UPS, USPS, and FedEx in the mix. All of them likely weather delayed. I had priority mail items take over a week.Two packages are still in transit somewhere. One was shipped last Tuesday via Priority Mail. Tracking says it's still in transit.

There's really not much they can do if your package is sitting in the belly of a plane and the plane can't take of ... and then when the runways clear, things are still way backed up and, I'm guessing, they're going to give a plane full of hungry, cold, cranky, tired, late-to-vacation travelers priority over your box of gifts.

-- Leva

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I'm sorry you have so much anger on Christmas Eve. I'm sorry the 2 year old won't get the gift on time. I'm sorry there are no guarentees :(

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
DHL is awful here and I won't use them.
You won't be able to in the future, even if you wanted to. At least here in the States..
Press Release
DHL Express to focus its U.S. Business on its core international services
U.S. Domestic-only services end January 30, 2009
International shipping to/from U.S. remains intact
Will reduce U.S. operating costs by over 80%
http://www.dhl-usa.com/restructuring/index.asp

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I was out at the local airport here in the middle of nowhere last week. Weather was terrible but here came the little UPS plane. The pilot came in and said that was a terrible flight here and he would probably be stuck here for a while. We talked a while then he got a call that he could make a GPS landing at his next stop, if he hurried. He ran out and took off into foggy and cloudy mountains. And I wondered if people know he is risking his life to bring them their new Shamwow miracle cloth and fleece house robes.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have had two pakages come in the past week all much much sooner than the tracking said it would be.
As I did not pay for the extra get here faster never do have always got stuff from Min. to the Mo. ozarks in 3 days. A pkag. was sent from Ma on mon.got it today.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
My Honeyville order scheduled for delivery on 12/29 came today 12/24 via UPS, but I tracked it online (I love to do that). My stuff took the southern route -- Ontario, California to Jacksonville, FL (I-10 I would guess) so no snow.

Yeah, it's that time of the year, big surprise, and they should be prepared with extra shifts, etc. But I think one of the big problems this year is Snowmageddon. That has got to be delaying an awful lot of shipments.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
No kidding, I have a friend that got shipped a cell phone to him. It was only supposed to go from Ca to Wa. Turns out it got shipped to Hawaii for a week. Maybe it needed a vacation, who knows

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
If it makes you feel any better Fedex will not be delivering and UPS will not be delivering either. I ordered on Friday and thought that it gave it enough time to get here by today. They were both sent second day air. The kicker is that it was sent with Amazon Prime so I don't actually pay for shipping, so no refund, just late packages. They both assured me my package's will be delivered Dec. 26th. I live in the Northwest, I think the weather got the best of them.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I've had far better luck with UPS than FedEx. And no one else delivers in our area... :shrug:
Us too. When my DH orders anything he ask for UPS if they give him a choice. We've had LOTS of problems with FedX. One time they left a package tied to the fence out by the road for anyone to be able to stop and get. What made DH so mad about it he was outside by the driveway waiting on it. The FedX driver just passed up the drive and stopped and tied the package to the fence.

He got reported. They also won't come down here if it is just sprinkling rain, (it's a dirt road) they will call and we have to go out to the main highway and meet them. One FedX driver says he don't like coming down here because he gets lost :confused : It's one way in and one way out it makes a complete circle with NO side roads. It's impossible to get lost. If you keep going you wind up back where you started.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Try explaining that to a 2 year old.........Santa got run over by a UPS truck!!!
Spread the news far and wide DO NOT US UPS they are a waste......

Alice in Virginia
I'm sorry your package won't get there on time. But are you saying the 2 year old won't get ANY Christmas presents if your gifts don't get there?

I hope I'm wrong but I just can't believe her parents would let that happen.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.