UPS delivered my Hoegger shipment to the wrong house!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cfarmher, May 1, 2006.

1. cfarmher

cfarmher Well-Known Member

:flame: I am so mad!
    I am bringing home my goats on friday and was supposed to get a package from Hoegger today. I waited all day and nothing, so I checked the tracking number online and it said it had been delivered and left at my back door. Uhh... no package. I checked everywhere just to make sure, and nothing.
    I called UPS and they told me I have to contact Hoegger and, it could take 8 days to find out what happened! :grump:
    Some of the stuff isnt neccesary right away but how am I going to deal with no milk pail, no strainer, no filters and worst of all no COLLARS?
    My only hope is that a neighbor has it and is honest enough to report it :Bawling:

2. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry to hear about your troubles. As for milk pail, strainer and collars......Use a bowl or a widemouthed quart jar to milk into, a square of clean, closely woven cloth to strain it, and baling twine makes great temporary collars. If you have the time, you can braid three pieces of baling twine together and that makes an even better collar. These are all things I have used with great sucess. Good luck!

3. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

Yep...as much as it is a pain to improvise sometimes, those things will work. Being slightly displaced now when my 1st goat freshened this year I was milking into a wide-mouthed quart jar. You can easily make do with a pair of filters with cloth or even coffee filters between them. I use standard dog collars for my goats...Dollar general has them for 1.50 each....they work just fine for my girls.

4. susieM

susieM Well-Known Member

What happened? Where's the stuff?

5. susieM

susieM Well-Known Member

I like the internet. It's better than a soap opera.

6. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

Gosh. I think UPS is the responsible party. Sheesh, can't they just contact the driver and ask???

Here, UPS is the only company who delivers correctly to my house. The rest can't find us and we are on the highway. Of course, coming out of town, the highway is still a "street" for a mile with street numbers that run up to 5000. Our address is on the highway and it's in the 2000. Luckily, the gals with the closest number to ours just calls. But it is annoying.

If you have a local UPS office, just run by there and have them check with the drivers. That works much better than the 800 number. (Or if you personally know a driver, ask him to check for you.)

Hope you get your stuff.

7. cfarmher

Thank you everyone for all of the help!

But happily :happy: I dont need it (this time) because my neighbor :cowboy: had found it at his back door and kindly brought it by!

So everyone who likes pics, get ready because I'll be posting them Sat.
    And three cheers for George, my knight in shining armour :hobbyhors
    Hip Hip Hooray!
    Hip Hip Hooray!
    Hip Hip Hooray!

8. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

My first order ever from Hoegger's had been broken into, half the stuff was gone from the box, and a bunch of PETA propaganda had been shoved into the box! Taped shut and delivered by UPS. True story!

9. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Glad to hear that you have a very nice neighbor! Good Luck with your goats, I can't wait for pictures. THat is horrible Hilltop Daisy, isn't PETA that group of animal rights activists? If so don't they realize that you getting stuff to take care of your animals is helping your animals, and if they took medication from the box, THEY were hurting your animals. Stupid People.Good Luck. Bye.

10. cfarmher

Thats terrible! Like you are likely to read their handouts after they vandalized and stole your stuff! :rolleyes: