Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone every recovered the seats in their vehicle? I bought the fabric for just that project over two years ago. Hubby's pickup needs the seats covered, but I had a terrible time with the first one I tried. Do you HAVE to remove the seat to do this? It would be most inconvenient for us, as we need to have access to the vehicle. However if I can figure out how to do it, I could just take the seat out, fit the cover and put it back, I suppose. I'm really a novice at this. Any tips? I tried making a paper pattern first, but the seats are kind of concave, to fit your fanny, and it makes it difficult to make an accurate pattern. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Jan in Co

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Liese, I think that would suit my sewing skills better, to make slip covers for the seats! I did one bottom section, which ended up not fittng right, was too large in some places, too small in others, and was a mess. I have to get brave and do this! Jan in Co

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.