Updated photos of our herd!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ForMyACDs, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs Well-Known Member

I got updated photos of a few of the girls (the ones that have freshened anyway.....). The girls were straight out of the pasture (not brushed etc.) about a week after attending a show:

SG Saada Gilasin Babbett 6*M ("Babs"):
    [​IMG]

UnRuli P. Shame on the Moon ("Shame"):
    [​IMG]

Lonesome-Doe BA Galeana ("Gally"):
    [​IMG]

and unclipped photos of Shame's two doelings (photographed from the opposite sides because I can't tell them apart):
    UnRuli LDR Hummin' Bird & UnRuli LDR Tales of Lucy Blue
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll get photos of the other girls as they freshen.

2. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

Wow! Beautiful goats! :goodjob:

3. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

Very nice does-i just love Nubians! How did they do at the show? Thanks for sharing. :)

4. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you for sharing with us.. It's so nice to see everyone's animals. How did they do at the show???? Don't forget to brag a little.. :)

5. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

I just had my linear appraisal done yesterday....... I am thinking, WOW!!! What really GOOD feet and legs on those girls.....
    Tana Mc

6. mymaybaby05

mymaybaby05 Member

They look GREAT!!!!
    How many #'s of milk does Babs give???? She looks like she would give out a lot of milk! :)

7. ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs Well-Known Member

Babbett didn't do real well......her raised dorsal process hurts her placings a LOT(sometimes the dorsal process doesn't go down after kidding). Shame and Gally however did pretty good. Shame is normally outshined by her littermate sister "Pink" but Pink had to have surgery on an injured leg so now Shame is having her time in the spotlight. She was placed 2nd out of 11 on the first day but was moved down to 4th place due to not enough milk but it was noted that she had the smoothest fore udder and was the most structurally correct doe in the ring. Gally was two places behind (she needs more body capacity at this point). The second day Shame was 2nd and Gally was 3rd. Both days there was some pretty heavy competition with some purchased animals from some VERY well known herds. Shame's kids didn't go as I won't take kids to shows until LATE in the season.

Yep, Feet and legs are pretty good around here tho' the girls in the photo ARE due for a foot trim (they're a little long in the toe.....it had been 3 weeks since the last trim). I'm looking forward to our appraisal at the end of August!!

About 10-13 lbs tho' that's with hand milking. I'm not using my milking machine yet, but it looks like she milks out better with one so maybe it's actually more.

8. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

They are beautiful! I really need to get some goats.... :)

9. goatmarm

goatmarm Well-Known Member