Update

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Well let's see I took ya'lls advice and found a new doctor. He took me off Actos completely. Since December I have lost 40 pounds. Still having rough days but I am trying to cope.

We are trying to sell all that microwave cookware I have stored. HINT HINT HINT ;) In fact if you want a large unit e-mail me for details. healthwizard@surfbest.net It'll help me and you'll get a great product. :)

My daughter has planned a trip that would effectively take 10 years to complete. She has it in her head if were traveling I'll live longer. :confused:

I want to thank all of you that pm'd me and offered a free place to crash on the trip. I'm not sure where we'll end up but I do have your phone numbers in my travel phone book. :)

Between the unrelenting bills and rising cost I sometime feel like :bash:

Kenneth in NC

2. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad to see your update. I was wondering how you were doing. Congratulations on your weight loss. Have you figured out the best way to make this trip yet?

PQ

3. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Hey PQ nope just trying to sell off personal items and all inventory. I'd like to get down to where all our stuff would fit in a 45' car hauler.

After great debate we have decided to sell the house and land here in NC. Take the proceeds and get debt free. From there who knows. Many folk off this board may here a knock and a shout "Hello" It's Ken from NC can we come in? :haha: :haha: I wouldn't laugh to hard It might be your house. :D

I guess I'll put stuff on barter board some time soon. It's hard to breath at times and it's a slow go. My wife is helping but I know she is getting overworked. It's a real ****er not having any family on either side. It's nights like tonight that I miss my grandmaw she'd be the first one here and stay till it got better or as she used to say "Gone for hel* in A hand basket" with no chance of recovery. Don't ask me that was something the old timers said way back when. :)

Getting off my :soap:

Kenneth in NC

4. Star In N.C.

Star In N.C. Well-Known Member

Hi Kenneth,
    I am happy to hear about the weight loss. I know how you feel about NO family I have none either. I told my mom if I did not get help soon, my family would be living on the street. Her reply was no phone call back nor will she accept my calls. My DH told me that she is not worth the grief that she causes me and to not care what she says but it still hurts. I sometime feel like selling everything I own and leave NC and go some where and start and orphanage for children who's parents no longer want them or who has no one else in this world. I think my DH would go for it as he loves kids. I just fear for his health and state of mind. You know... maybe it would be a good thing, he would have the big family he has always wanted and the kids would find someone that will love them too. Oops sorry got off topic. I hope the new doc will help you out. I hope that if you and your wife move it will be in a better place and maybe you can find some new family to call your own. Maybe get your money problems under control too.
    Please keep us updated on how you are doing and tell us if you move.
    Star

5. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear about the new Doc and improved health. I have wondered if you went on your trip or not. Good Luck!

6. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

Gee...I think I have missed what is going on here !!!