Homesteading Forum banner

Update to enrolling in University

373 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Maura 
#1 ·
Went to talk to admissions people and tuition people yesterday. Took a test. Toured the kitchens and classes. Got all the info needed. I have to go back on Tuesday to give them enrollment money and get started on the grants, scholarship and student loan paperwork. It seems I have chosen the most expensive course they offer. Good news is that the tuition person seems to think that I should be able to get a LOT of grants to help cover those expenses. I passed the test with 30 out of 38 questions. I thought that was awful. Come to find out I only needed 15 and the average is 22. They got all excited when they saw my score. Imagine what I could have done had I remembered my reading glasses! I thought I had them. I even remember checking to be sure. Oh well. I probably would have gotten them all right! Anywho, I will be doing 16 months of culinary class, then 4 months of externship in at least a 4 star rest., and then 8 months of general ed that I can clep test out of if I want. They offer job placement for life, I can come back any time and sit in on whatever classes I want to for free after graduation as often as I want. One of the students that is there now has been offered a job at a restaurant in Tampa that is owned and run by the chef from the show Dinner Impossible. Not bad. I also got a class schedule of what will be taught when. Stuff I never thought of and things I wouldn't expect for an Associates degree. I expected that wine would be Bachelors degree stuff along with kitchen management. They cover it all, I guess. I am so excited (bet you can tell) to start Aug 20th. I get my uniforms the Thursday before and also get my knife set. That's not cheap by a longshot! Oh and my first book. One of 16. Holy Cow!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.