Update on Zeke, and I have GREAT news!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

O.K. First off, let me just give ya the update.

Zeke is doing fine, he is VERY energetic and for some odd reason keeps hiting the roof of his "crib", knocks it off, jumps out, and comes running and screaming to me. He is SO CUTE! He is doing SO good, and I am SO happy that he is doing good. He goes outside now to play outside for a while, he is VERY exploritive, and he has already tried to climb a tree, and to jump on a haystack which he FINALLY accomplished, and he has tried jumping from the ground up to the chair where I sit while I watch him. He is SO lovable, he follows me around EVERYWHERE, just bouncing around being silly and all goat like.

Now for the good news.... My mom said that I get to keep Zeke! He is going to be turned into a wether, but I get to keep him! :dance: Also now i might be allowed to keep Cream, this REALLY pretty mutt baby that has decided that she LOVES me, I spoil her pretty bad too because she's friendly too. The reason I might get to keep her too is that she is the ONLY goat that likes Zeke, aka doesn't try to kill him, and he will need a goat buddy when he grows up and moves outside, so I might get to keep her as well. :dance: .

I am SO happy! Well just figured that I would tell you guys, you have been SO Helpful the whole way through. THank you. Bye.

2. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear Zeke is doing good. Its good to hear your Mom is going to let you keep him. I know your happy about that since he is soooo very special to you. I agree to that since he needs a buddy and the little girl is nice to him, they will become special pals. Good luck with the little ones. Keep up posted on Zekes progress.

3. Goat Freak

Thank you! He sure is special, I love him SO much! Also that's what I figured, with Cream and Zeke that is, because my mom has been talking about how when Zeke grows up that I won't be able to fight his battles for him, and who would we put him in with that would be nice to him, so I have been "hinting" at Cream for a while now. Well once again thank you. Bye.

4. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news! He is in good health AND you get to keep him! I'm glad that your mom is allowing you to keep him. I know how hard it would be to have to get rid of him after everything you have both gone through together. I hope that you get to keep the little Doe as well. They will be best of buds.

5. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

I am really happy for you and Zeek. I know how it is with those bottle babies, you really become attached. The bottle baby we had last year I couldn't imagin selling her. She also would butt off her "roof" and jump out of her playpen. Our "Hope" is almost too friendly. We can't go in the pen with the goats without her under our feet and tripping on her. I am really glad that you are able to keep the little girl. I know Hope didn't have a friend besides our dogs for the longest time. Even now (she will be a year Feb 13) she really doesn't have any friends. Only one girl will go to her. It breaks my heart to see her in the pasture all by herself. She really isn't good cashmere quality but we would never get rid of her.
    I know you dairy goat people pull your babies off and bottle feed them all the time, I give you all the credit I can, I bow down to you. :bow: I am really glad he is doing so well. Cograts on all your hard work and your attention to detail. :rock:

6. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Awwwww! I am so happy for you! I am so attached to my babies, it's like they are, well, my babies!
    Last night I had a dream that they were in the house with a one foot wire fence and they kept getting out and I kept scooping them up and trying to contain them and counting them over and over. They were a lot smaller and fuzzier in the dream too. In the dream I kept feeling gushes of maternal love and cuddling them and showing them off to people.
    I don't know how different it will be when we have hordes of goats...

7. Goat Freak

Thanks guys. By the way I know what you mean Jill, I am ALWAYS baby talking to him, and cuddling him, and holding him, and playing with him, and showing him off to people. He is SO CUTE! Today I was watching TV at my grandma's house, and I was wondering where Zeke was, I put a diaper on him so he could run around. So I start to get up to look and low and behold he is right in between my legs and the couch, I was laying with my legs curled, he was sleeping! I love him so much!

By the way, Sweet Goats, I am not sure that I will be allowed to keep the girl yet, just Zeke, although there is a good chance that I can keep Cream too. Also I hope you don't think that I am a dairy goat person, I don't even have a dairy goat, unfortuantly ( at this moment I need to go find a smile that is pouting). :p

Well see ya guys, bye.