Update on purchasing buckling problem

Discussion in 'Goats' started by All country, Jun 13, 2005.

1. All country

All country Well-Known Member

Some of you had read my post a while back, where I had some problems with a seller. She sold the goat kids we had placed a deposit on to other buyers then, refused to refund our deposit. I was really upset at the way she was handling things. I spoke with a legal consultant, got all our paper work together, and wrote a formal letter requesting our deposit refunded. I then left everything sitting on my desk. I didn't even mail the letter! I decided that I really didn't want to deal with the possible hassle of small claims court for only $75.00. I wanted to just let it go.

Then, my 11 year old daughter asked these questions
    * Isn't she's doing the same as stealing from you?
    * I know it isn't a lot of money, but if you just let her get away with it, won't you be making it easier for her to do it to someone else?
    * How many people do you think she already has and will do this too?
    * What if it's a lot more money the next time?

Well, we went to her Daddy with her questions. He said she had some valid points and we sat down and discussed them. We actually ended up setting the whole family down for this discussion. As Brethren we do not care to sue people, but as our youngest two (8 &11) pointed out .......Is taking someone to court to make them return something that belongs to you really the same as suing? And, what if it prevents them from cheating someone else?
    We weren't sure what to do, I didn't want to waste any more of my time and energy on this matter, but our children had some valid points to consider. We wanted to do what was right and set a good example for them. We decided to pray on it and have the Lord guide us. We have waited for His prompting in this matter and had not yet felt lead one way or the other.

Today an unexpected surprise in our mail. She has mailed me a check refunding our deposit!!! As nasty and unpleasant as she was the last time I spoke with her, this was not at all expected. There was no note or explanation, just the check.
    I guess we weren't the ones God was prompting.

Thanks to all of you who responded and let me vent my frustrations when we were struggling with this.

2. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I think the Lord answered your prayers. Now lets hope the check doesn't bounce and cost you more money...

3. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

That is wonderful!

We are also Brethren and understand your convictions. Thanks for bringing it to light no matter what a person's faith may be!

4. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I'm very glad the seller decided to be a decent human being and refund your money!

Have you found a different buck yet?