Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Living in the Hills
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I posted about how I felt my children were always in the way. If we would go to a store we were always running into people or causing traffic jams. I just realised that we no longer do that. I was sitting here trying to figure out why, with the same five kids, who still will occasionally wander from walking in a perfectly straight line. :rolleyes: But the attitude of people has been pleasant and instead of irritation, people just smile and say, "that's ok!" when we come sailing through and apologize for holding them up. The only thing I can figure out is that we are shopping in different places and the atmosphere is more laid back?

·
Registered
262 Posts
You should give yourself a pat on the back. . .make it 5! If you have noticed a difference then I would assume that you have been paying more attention to teaching your children how to behave in public. If that isn't it, then maybe they are just getting older and have a little more understanding of their surroundings. Either way, I think it is wonderful as a mother to notice that your children are the blessing that you always wanted, and now people notice the love and dedication that has gone into teaching them how to become part of our strange society.

Congrats on being a good mom!

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Consummate scientist here- may not be worth the possible ill will but- why not try a return to one of those worst stores and see if it seems worse than most of your outings lately? (And let us know, of course!)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
This thread reminded me of something I saw a while back in the store.... a lady had a group of kids with her, probably ages 4 to about 10 maybe. They were passing several others, me included, and the lady said something like 'ok, everyone pretend you're baby ducks' or 'make like baby ducks' or something to that effect, and immediately all the kids fell into line behind her. It was so cute I couldn't help but quack as I passed by them. They thought it was funny that I quacked. :angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.