Update on freebie Alpacas

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Christiaan, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Christiaan

Christiaan Dutch Highlands Farm

The boys have really settled in. We've been taking them on walks the past couple of days to take advantage of the nice weather. They are very curious, love to meet people, startle occasionally and rarely balk.
    We are just enjoying them a lot. I can see why the bubble is taking a long time to burst on this one.
    Knock wood, but we haven't been hit by spit yet, just get the occasional whiff.

2. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Hey, congrats! I have a llama called Oscar, had him since August... hasn't spat on me yet, though the dog wasn't as fortunate. Pleasant animals, aren't they?

Pity we don't have a board to post about lamas on HT.

3. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

The ones I worked with were pretty obvious about when they were going to spit, and you had plenty of time to do something about it, either get away or back them down. 'Course they might spit at each other, and if you're too close . . .

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Dutch Highlands Farm

So far they've been really good, have never even threatened to spit at me. Mostly if I'm doing something they don't like they just make those pitiful noises at me. Have had D'Artagnan sneeze right in my face, though. Nothing compared to having a cow do that so it wasn't too bad. I just hate having to clean my glasses on my shirt.