Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife helped put out fires Monday after work that someone was starting.

Well she came home last night said they was relighting fires after they lefty in different areas.

If we don't have a wet Spring we're not going to get much sleep from Febuary through April.And it is going to be bad because there is more fuel and Houses than I've seen in years.

big rockpile

·
Registered
293 Posts
Someone is starting fires in your area? What do the police say about it? Do you have an idea who?

Hmm, don't have any great ideas on how to stop them and catching them would be hard unless they do it in the daytime. Outdoor wireless cameras are expensive too :/

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone is starting fires in your area? What do the police say about it? Do you have an idea who?

Hmm, don't have any great ideas on how to stop them and catching them would be hard unless they do it in the daytime. Outdoor wireless cameras are expensive too :/
This is an every year thing.This is the largest Wildfire area of the state and over 90% are Arson.And actually we have two Fire Seasons,Spring and Fall.

Some years are just worse than others.One time for two days we was completly surrounded by fire.At night it looked pretty neat but scary.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could send you my rain. It isn't much but it would help some.
Thanks but we're fine.Just a way of lifearound here.

big rockpile

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Are you sure they're being intentionally re-started?

After my horse boarding barn burned to the ground in 2001 the rubble smouldered and periodically re-ignited for over a week, even with rain.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rockpile where in southern MO are you?
We're North East Dallas County,just North of Buffalo.

Are you sure they're being intentionally re-started?

After my horse boarding barn burned to the ground in 2001 the rubble smouldered and periodically re-ignited for over a week, even with rain.
Yea their being reset.One was quater mile on the other side of the road.

Had couple Guys here,while one would be gone the other would set his side of the road on fire,when the other was gone the other Guy would set his side of the road on fire.So they both had alibis.Cell phones have helped if Forestry can get service.Use to be people would talk back and forth on CB's,they would listen to what the Law and Forestry were doing and relay it to the ones trying to get away with what ever they were doing.

Had one Guy setting fire,Forestry Plane had him spotted.He had a Guy with Fertilizer Truck out there,he got the Guy with the Truck to run between him and the Plane,he got away.

big rockpile

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I have been reading these fire threads, I just have one question - WHY??? Why do they start the fires - is there a reason other than revenge, which seems to be the cause of the cabin you showed burned. Is that what it is all about - a kind of terrorism?

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
More and more, I wonder why anyone would live in Missouri, with BR as the spokesman for the place.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been reading these fire threads, I just have one question - WHY??? Why do they start the fires - is there a reason other than revenge, which seems to be the cause of the cabin you showed burned. Is that what it is all about - a kind of terrorism?
Some of it is to just run people out.

But I think most of it is going back to opening up the woods for pasture,which has been done for years.And many think it is good for wildlife,which in some ways it is by bringing on new growth.Which is the reason I'm going to burn off a small part of my place.

Most of the Older ones setting the fires use to own miles of property around here.Like my place was sold on the Courthouse Steps for back Taxes.In the Guys mind it is still his or he don't like the changes that are going on.

big rockpile

1 - 12 of 12 Posts