Update on California Rabbit Doe that wouldn't breed

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Milking Mom, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Well.....my doe had 5 adorable baby bunnies!!!! Yahoo!!!!!! I have been trying to get these babies since like August. They breed and breed every month I put her in with him and I even left them together for a week once and finally!!!!! What was up with that I don't know, but I did read on here that someone else was having trouble getting her California Does to conceive. Hmmm???? I couldn't be light because my pair are in a room that gets morning light through til almost noon and then evening light on the west side. Also, I had baby chicks in there in another coop with a light on all the time. Don't know...but YEA!!! I did tell them both that they either have babies by the time this 50 pound sack of feed was gone or else they were roasters. Maybe that did it. :haha:

2. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

Aww congrats! I have been trying to get mine to breed since September, one did get pregnant but didnt make a nest until later and then all 4 babies were dead, I was very bummed out, but hoping to see some little ones soon!

3. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Mine still won't come in season...So, good for you! I tell mine the same thing...they're roasters if they don't start but no luck. Oh well... :rolleyes: Congrats!!!!! :p