Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back, I posted that I was searching for a Californian buck. I had already lined up two doe which my cousin was holding for me.
So, two weeks ago, I picked up the does in Harrisburg, and brought them home - a 2 1/2 hour ride. They settled in nicely.
Last weekend, I went to get the buck from http://www.cloverpatchrabbitry.freeservers.com/
He is beautiful and friendly, but I thought rather expensive. Even so, how could I argue, without him I won't have anything!! (and keep in mind that I looked high and low for a buck - he was the only one I could find)
Now, this past Sunday, my cousin came for a visit. Here she commented on how the kids sexed the rabbits and wondered if I verified them as being doe?
Ummm NO.
Of course the first one I picked up was a boy!!!
So back he went for another long car ride.
And I am now looking for another doe. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know... I've been there before and I'll probably be there again. LOL
I just thought of it as funny I guess. It's been that kind of month!!

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Those are some nice Californians. I just bought a very nice Californian doe to breed to my NZW buck. i put here in with him last week, so now we waitt to see what happens.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Those are some nice Californians. I just bought a very nice Californian doe to breed to my NZW buck. i put here in with him last week, so now we wait to see what happens.
At leasat you can get the one doe you have bred, Then if you have to save a daughter from that. It does take forever to get one raised up though.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am glad Clover Patch worked out for you. Our Californians we got from her last year are doing great! We may breed them in the fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts