United Country Ad....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by almostthere, Dec 20, 2004.

1. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

Read the description carefully. Sounds to me that this realtor doesnt want to sell this place too quickly. Or am I just expecting too much of the realtor? Maybe they could have a form to fill out, when you go looking, that will ask you if you want to be a recluse. :)

"This 4 bedroom fixer upper is located in the sticks, 4 miles off of a paved road. You don't have to pipe the sunlight in, a big truck would do just fine. If you want to be rural or a recluse, this is the place to do it. The house has a cellar where the laundry room and water heater are located.The acreage is beautiful and at one time, well maintained. There is a nice garden spot in front of the house. The owner says there is a year round spring somewhere on the property, but I wasn't going looking for it, didn't want to get a tick attack. Any way, this is a great deal for the price.
    Property No.: 03076-10537 Price: $34,000.00"

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sounds like an ad for country property written by a city Realtor!! Gosh, I'll bet you could get dirty out there, too!

I saw an ad once that said " We'll give you a map, bring your own 4-wheel drive". I loved it!

Meg :)

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe the realiter was afraid someone might want him to show the property. I wonder it it had acres and a house above the cellar.

4. Becky H.

Becky H. Well-Known Member

Sounds like some of the homes they have out here for sale! I call them "Jumangi" Homes. Remember that movie with Robin Williams when they played that board game and the home turned into vines and a jungle inside? That'd be a Jumangi Home!

One house we looked at last year when we were home shopping had so many saplings outside we could only drive the car up to where we could barely see the house. the house was covered with vines and heavy growth. My husband said that's the kinda house I want! Nobody would ever see it! I didn't even make it inside that house.

Then there was another really large home, windows left open and the vines were all growing inside, signs of animal life in there as well. Must have been empty for a decade or so. Vines everywhere there as well. That one was a really nice home. Jumangi home!

5. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

:haha: I remember seeing that ad when I was looking at UC a few days ago! I think that the realtors are never really eager to show the cheap properties, because of course they won't make much on them.

Kathleen

6. almostthere

Thats crazy, money is money and you can't expect to make your million without a little work, even if that means taking a small amount once in a while.

7. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............That , would be Exactly the situation i would be looking FOR! IF....the house is Fixable , If the foundation requires too much "fixing" , then the market value of the land would be what i would focus on and completely ignore any value that the owner would try to attach to the home , fordy.. :)

8. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Actually, I thought it sounded pretty nice when I first saw it, though I wasn't quite sure what the realtor meant about the 'sunshine being trucked in' bit . . . when I go seriously looking, though, I want bare land, so I can build a little house the way I want it.

Kathleen

9. desdawg

desdawg Well-Known Member

The purpose of an ad is to get attention. That one worked extremely well. His phone is probably still ringing!

10. Bluecreekrog

Bluecreekrog Well-Known Member

That is a common saying in this region, It refers to how far it is to so called civilization.
    Rog

11. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

The first Farm I bought the Guy was showing us the place run into some 6 foot Rattlers :eek: scared the something out of the Guy he wouldn't show the rest of the place.

Heck we went ahead and bought it.

big rockpile

12. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Hello Almostthere
    I am tring to find your ad, about the house your looking at. What state are you looking in? Please give me a littlle more info. Thankyou Buckshot

13. almostthere

14. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

http://www.unitedcountry.com/ucforms/uconline/uconline/SearchNS/Search_View_Selected_Property.asp?SID=7293980&Lcnt=&Action=Edit&Item=523025&Page=1&Office='03076'

copy and paste this url and it will take you to the listing. It has actually been on the market a while.

15. almostthere

I go over to that site in hopes that maybe my hopes would rub off on my hubby. But we just found out, that he's up for a new position, and although it wont be a raise it will mean job security so looks like we'll be here for yet a few more years in "civilization". I still go over there and look, maybe I'll learn something.

Becky, I loved that movie, and Robin Williams is just amazing.

Big Rockpile, I bet that realtor was never so happy to get rid of a property...he'll never have to show it again!

It got my attention all right but I would be worried if the realator isn't willing to work for this kind of property he probably wont be willing to help me get it.

16. JackieA

JackieA Well-Known Member

No kidding! Maybe it's in foreclosure or something and the realtor was told by his/her boss to deal with it? If not, what do the owners think I wonder? :rolleyes:

17. terriv

terriv Well-Known Member

Maybe one just hasn't found the right realtor? I'd be happy to drive to the boonies, find it, walk it; in advance. Personally I'd much rather help someone find rural property than sell a home on a quarter acre lot in a neighborhood. Maybe because that's the type property I prefer myself. I respect others who love the land and preserving a way of life almost lost. I'm in central Mississippi if I can help anyone.

I posted "formally" to the barter board. I'll do an intro thread since I don't know anyone here yet.

18. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Maybe he is tired of driving people out there that take one look and go 'eeeuuuuwwww!' So he thinks he will save himself a few trips?

19. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

almostthere the Guy that bought it off me.Got caught Conterfeting $20 bills about 6million dollars worth. :eek:

I liked the place it use to be the School and Comunty Center.One big place.

big rockpile

20. almostthere

I'd love a big place like that. Ive often wondered about buying an old community bldg or a nursing home that was too small.