Uninformed People

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Jan 3, 2007.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I can't believe my Inlaws going through life getting Half Truths.Feel like my FIL is Archie Bunker and I'm Meat Head.

They was here,we went through 40 years of History in 5 minutes.I know I should just keep my mouth shut but I can't :shrug:

My MIL brought up Saddam had been hung.Then I had to give my views.Like I told her back in the early 80's we supported him and we didn't care what he did or how he did it,while he was fighting Iran.And the only reason we was in Iraq was because Saddam put a hit out on Bushes Daddy.Oh I didn't know this.

Then she says she didn't realize we pulled out of Vietnam durring the Ford administration.She thought it was Johnson.Once again I couldn't be quite :shrug: I told her no that we started pulling out durring Nixon,when he found he couldn't fight it as a War by cutting off supplies to North Vietnam,because it was a Police Action,which made it unwinable.Once again she didn't know this and didn't know Vietnam was a Police Action :rolleyes:

Plus for some reason the N word was brought up,I did keep quite.What funny they don't want to listen to N Music,but you put on Hank Willams Jr. Don't want to listen to that.But you put on Charlie Pride thats ok :rolleyes: :p

big rockpile

2. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

You know, Rock, I was thinking along those lines myself--kinda. i think the dirrerence in races would be forgotten--if one race or another didnt keep trying to prove they were different. (see, its only kinda onlong those lines)
    Like Ed Bradley, I watched him for years--and i didnt even realize he WAS black! honestly--Colen Powell-you dont notice his color--or i dont anyhow.
    people like those you're speaking of get a idea into their head-and its always going to be that way. its not age-i can attest to that-not being stubborn, i can there too
    maybe its easier just not to argue?

3. Northumberland

Northumberland Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only person in the world who didn't notice Ed Braldey was black.

4. Pizza Guy

Pizza Guy Well-Known Member

Central California between Fresno & Bakersfield
    I never gave Ed Bradleys race a thought either, however, I did think that little gold earring was a tad silly looking on a man his age.

5. Trixie

Trixie Well-Known Member

I knew Ed Bradley was black - he said so often enough. I know Colin Powell is black. I have eyes. It just doesn't matter.

There are worse things to do to the black community than use the 'n' word. (Doesn't that sound childish?) The idea that blacks are somehow not capable of doing the things others do, learning as well as others do, running a business as well as others and the idea they will just dissolve if someone calls them a name they don't like. Those are the things the government, organizations and do gooders have feed the black community. Thank goodness, a lot of them didn't buy into it - unfortunately far too many did.

There are a lot of people in this country who are not aware of our dealings with Saddam in the past. Actually, I am sure we have no idea all the things that went on in this situation.

Now that 'he tried to kill my Daddy' is really laughable - I will admit that.

6. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

DH and I talked about this the other day. Sometimes I don't know if the digital age is furthering our culture/society at all. I wish I knew what the answer was. :(