Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Interesting, but what about the cockroach eggs?
Not sure about the eggs. A few yrs ago we were infected with bed bugs. As near as we can figure it came from something we bought at a yard sale. Tracing it down we found the Free Store was infected and a lot of people get stuff from the Free Store and have garage sales.

After trying everything else we opted for an expensive Ozone machine. It did not kill the eggs so a few days later we Ozoned again. Took 3 times to finally kill everything but it worked. Since then I have purchased small Ozone machines to have one in the treehouse, tornado shelter and even a small one under the car hood. (mice ate the wiring out twice before this. All of the above stay rodent and bug free now. I even used it to fumigate the chicken house when getting new chicks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Renting a place is dangerous when you're down and out. Because you don't have options. Maybe she was just trolling. We took the bait like hungry snapfish. I used to help people. They consistently screwed me. I realized that the cold, eastern view of the matter (Karma) was more fitting than anything else I had. People hard up have made choices which led them to that pass. They might not be trustworthy. People gotta learn, and tuition costs money, and if you don't have money you'll get scars, and move on, and up, hopefully. Wounded birds get eaten or composted, or they heal and get tough.

124 Posts
Diamatacious Earth, and Boric Acid Powder, these are safe to you and your pets and kill the bugs without messing with the environment. Sprinkle around cracks and corners. It takes a few days to work, but is effective and cheap. oops, that is what NRA_Guy said. I agree with him!

·
Premium Member
25,856 Posts
It's all good advice for the next person who comes along with a similar problem. I think the op was looking for more than good advice for their situation since they haven't been back.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,304 Posts
OP, you might check out "Martin's Viper" insecticide.

Read the reviewers' comments:

Martins Viper Insecticide

I bought some locally at a co-op store and paid way more for it.

(Not for Sale to: AK, CA, DC, MA, NE, CT & NY)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts