Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Living in the Hills
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the children watched the shuttle land. This morning they got up early to watch the eclipse. The youngest two are into all things space. Today they spent the afternoon figuring out how to make space helmets out of paper plates. Julie just came in to show me her creation. For a face mask she had found a clear bread sack & had it taped over her face! :nono: When I asked her why she said because all astronauts have face masks they can see through!

Now we are going to have lessons on needing air to breathe!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I bet! Maybe you can show her how a candle goes out when it doesn't have air. I did this to my now 9 year old when she wanted to put a Wal Mart bag on her head when she was 5. She kept telling me she didn't want her light to go out. LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Living in the Hills
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michele, I just showed this to my children. They were all impressed (or pretended to be for her (almost 5 yo dd) benefit. Her brother found a safe face mask for her. What a day.

Homeschoolers, can I count the last 15 minute lesson on breathing/oxygen as school. :D

p.s. I think my heart has settled down to normal pace. The things you don't think to tell your children.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Science, done. LOL
And please if this is the worst thing you have to tell your children consider yourself lucky. We can fill this thread up with things I never thought I would have to say to my children.....we can start with, "Stop biting the dog." or my personal favorite "Don't wear your sisters underwear." We are just thankful that the last one was said to the other sister and not my son. ROFL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Living in the Hills
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here at home after a meal, I will often pour our cups of water back into the pitcher to stack the dishes before taking them to the sink. I usually water plants with the pitcher. One day at camp I was horrified to watch my dd pour her last half a glass of koolaid back into the pitcher! I had never thought to tell her why I did it or NOT to do it else where!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
LOL Oh too funny!
The other day at the grocery store the 6 month was being a bit cranky. I tease him often at home and tell him "Why I oughta smack ya!" and playfully tap the bottom of his foot. He loves it, giggles and giggles. So in the store my 6 year old turns around and says really loudly, "Just smack him Mama, like you always do!" LOL Oh my!
God Bless,
Michele

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.