uncross all fingers

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Al. Countryboy, May 9, 2006.

1. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Last night I checked on the NZ doe that is almost a year old and never had babies and nothing. First breeding didn't take. Second time she was put on the ground with my buck or was suppose to a buck(a doe) :flame: :flame: . They rode each other which must have caused the problem of her only breeding to a real buck only once right after we found out what our problem was. I feel that this riding of the does must have led to a false pregnancy. She fixed a nice nest, pulled tons of hair, but no babies after 14 days into her pregnancy. Well uncross all fingers. This morning she had I think I counted 10 fat babies in the nest and this afternoon everyone seems ok. For the last hour we have been having alot of thunder and lighting with lots of rain. We will see how things are in the rabbit barn tomorrow morning. At least I know she is fertile and the 4 1/2 month buck is also. :) :)

2. awfulestes

awfulestes Well-Known Member

Good job!! I hope they grow and multiply to no end. LOL

3. MaggieJ

MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey, Al. Countryboy-- That is terrific! Ten plump bunnies is a VERY nice litter! Glad to hear things are turning around for you!

4. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

Congratulations on finally getting some babies! I love my NZ and once they get started seem to produce like....rabbits! :)
    We were advised by an old rabbit breeder to put in a radio for noise and it has really worked. We had does killing babies and since have not had a problem. We had a bad storm the other night and all were fine the next morning. One of the baby goats even follows me inside to feed and visits the rabbits. They don't seem to mind.

Laina

5. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

I think every thing is fine in the bunnie barn today other than it's raining with thunder and lightening again. Mama bunnie is not the nervous type which is good. My friend has about 60 rabbits and he keeps a radio on 24 hrs. a day also. I may put one down there, but don't know if my goats will care for the music. I have my herd queen goat(Sheba) that is usally ill in the mornings before she has had her breakfast and milked. Maybe the music would get her off to a better start. :dance: Wonder what tpye of music she would like? My doe that had 10 last time as a first mom is due tomorrow.

6. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

Where we live I can only get country music. When I first got my rabbits they were very skittish and have calmed with the music. I was having problems with the does eating babies because where they came from they had never heard a dog, goats, chickens or kids. I can even take my niece in there and they don't seem to notice. She squeals at the sight of them. I had one doe eat half her babies just because I cleaned and made too much noise. Now I don't tip toe around them and they are much better.

Laina

7. Salmonberry

Salmonberry Registered Nut

Congratulations on the litter. Been waiting to see if this was successful. I learn a lot from others experiences (until I have my own that is).

Salmonberry :) :) :)