1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Don't you know those college administrators cringe and wish they could hide under their desks whenever they hear one of their "student athletes" interviewed?

I knew my chances for a basketball scholarship were slim to none when I asked my high school coach why I was on the B squad. He said "Tom, we don't have a C squad".

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Don't you know those college administrators cringe and wish they could hide under their desks whenever they hear one of their "student athletes" interviewed?

I knew my chances for a basketball scholarship were slim to none when I asked my high school coach why I was on the B squad. He said "Tom, we don't have a C squad".

They don't hide. That athlete got the school a trophy and a lot of $$$$. That's what matters. Seth

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thank you for your interest in the University of North Carolina. Your football scholarship is attached and you qualify for our advanced degree program. To complete this program you must take a difficult exam. If you are ready...

Draw a football and label it correctly
. :drum:

http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/...cle_24528f6c-95c9-53d2-80ee-a6174a3ac2c3.html
And I am sure that eventually someone will come along and say that this proposed test is unfair for some stupid reason. Such as, linemen do not normally handle a football so they may not be as able as a quarterback to readily identify, much less draw a football. They may have to base the grading of this test on a curve.

And the "labeling correctly" part of the test will be proclaimed as being biased and should somehow be based on the overall level of each player's high school's standardized testing.

You did not specify correct spelling in the "labeling correctly" directions, so any spelling that allows today's generation to quasi-understand the player being tested will probably be acceptable; ie., futbol, ftbl, fuutbowl, etc.

You do see the new can of worms that is now open? :grin:

TRellis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts