unbelieveable weather!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Corky, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be cold and rainy all weekend.
    It sure was yesterday but in the middle of the night a warm wind started blowing and the temp went from 33 to the 60's so far. The sun is shining and we have no excuse for not getting things done on the old homestead.
    so far I have cleaned and scrubbed the milk room, mucked the chicken yard and spread waste hay from the barn in the chicken pen, and cleaned out a big flower bed.
    I just came in here to have a quick cup of coffee and rest a little and tell you all about this beautiful day that God has given us.
    I am feeling guilty though because DH is loading and hauling the manure to the compost pile. I just tossed it outside the pen in a pile.
    Oops! He just came in and caught me! Gotta go! :haha: God bless.

2. Raindancer

Raindancer Well-Known Member

I second that! And it's looking like Spring is upon us here in the deep South..yahoo!
    Magnolia trees are blooming around town, and my crabapples are beginning to flower. My forsythia and wisteria bushes are budding out, daffodils are blooming. Yesterday while out running errands, I saw flocks and flocks of Robins (30-40 in each flock) on neighborhood lawns..a good sign! Crazy tho, how temps are trying to maintian in the mid 60's, yet the day/night temp differences can still be extreme..the other day 65 daytime, then 32 overnight..big jump. Guess it just depends what the fronts blows in. Down here, I'm always looking for an excuse to start a nice fire when the evening temps dip, but right now I'm way too ready for Spring and all it's glory!

Dee

3. Gypsy

Gypsy Well-Known Member

We had 32'' of snow here in Central Maine here on Thursday/Friday (and more tonight they're saying :waa: ) so you will forgive us Mainers if we do not share in your "Spring is coming" optimism just yet. Actually it will be May before we see weather like you described so just stop rubbing it in already :haha: – We can't hear you! We can't hear you! We're holding our ears - LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

North Alabama here.

Georgous outside. Showing at 65* at the airport, and tomorrow is suppose to go up to 71-73 range. Daffodils outside blooming.....
    Maine - you can share....

Come on spring!!!!

Love it.

AngieM2

5. OD

OD Well-Known Member

I just got back from the feed store buying seeds, & had to run the air conditioner. I glanced at the thermometer coming in the back door & it said 92 degrees. Of course, it IS on the south side of the house with the sun shining on it. The one in the truck said 74. I hope this doesn't mean we're going to have a hotter than normal summer.