Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
This is my life
3,869 Posts
OK, if it passes, what are they going to charge us for my DH and the dog.

·
Dallas
13,903 Posts
I just saw that in Yahoo News, Nuttiest thing I ever heard of, its one more nail in the coffin of U.S. farmers.
Write your Senators and Congressmen -- I just did and I don't even have any livestock.
This MUST be stopped!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Such thinking is just absurd.

Drybranchfarm - my apologies for reposting. However, it appears that others missed it first couple of go rounds and the story keeps appearing on national news sites.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Just another scheme to invent a fee, that is really a TAX. The tax will be paid by the end consumer until he goes broke. Equate hungry with broke. Write your congressman/woman or representative if you want to. Be assured that he/she are in on the scam. This happens dozens of times every day. It is the ones that you don't notice that will eventually break you.:mad:

Self-sufficiency might be a pretty good solution:)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I was glad to read that the fart fee would apply to much larger operations than ours, still we'd feel the ripples from it. I detest a politician.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wouldn't pretty much the same gases be produced regardless of whether feed grains, hay, etc. would either be fed, or be left in the fields to be eaten by soilborne bacteria etc. instead?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would not suprise me to learn a lobbyist in Washington DC who represents a company that could profit by suppling a grain additive to farmers is not behind proposing this tax.

·
Premium Member
25,412 Posts
Seems like this would eat a hole into the mega farms, chicken farms with 10,000 above, dairys that milk all day long, hog factorys, ect. ASeems like it would HURT them more than a small farmer or homesteader

·
Retired farmer-rancher
3,022 Posts
Seems like this would eat a hole into the mega farms, chicken farms with 10,000 above, dairys that milk all day long, hog factorys, ect. ASeems like it would HURT them more than a small farmer or homesteader
Nope, the big boys will just pass it on to the consumer. The smaller guys will sell out to the big ones and it goes on and on.:mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts